Center Diff toast on first time out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angry2t

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Just got my Talion V3 out for the first time today. I'm running a 6S setup and ran it in a mix of dirt and short grass. About half way through the pack the diff started screeching. Brought the car over slowly and I saw it had some oil around the center diff.

Took it apart and saw the cup failed. Where the input shaft goes, it cracked and separated. See pix attached. Does anyone know if Arrma would warranty this?

Impressed with the car though. It flies and is very stable.

Attachments

• IMG_20180826_150750.jpg
    IMG_20180826_150750.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20180826_150726.jpg
    IMG_20180826_150726.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20180826_150758.jpg
    IMG_20180826_150758.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 63
Yeah random break. I’ve seen a lot of beating on their various trucks and never seen this. I swear I’m thinking some of the plastic parts have had a bad run of plastic. I have trucks I’ve jumped at a bmx track for hours- fine. I have my talion 1 off landing and tore the pillow ball out of the a arm. Tore threads and all out. Something not right there.

I'll check with them tomorrow. I'll probably still replace the cup with HR aluminium one.

Thanks!

Did you case a jump or something? Wondering if you bowed your chassis in and crushed the diff with the dogbone. Might want to make sure your dogbone is still straight and your chassis braces are still intact.

Didn't even get a chance to jump it and I'm certain the chassis is not bent. I have Voltage hobbies braces on it as well.
Arrma sent a new Diff out but I haven't received it yet.

Didn't even get a chance to jump it and I'm certain the chassis is not bent. I have Voltage hobbies braces on it as well.
Arrma sent a new Diff out but I haven't received it yet.

It wise to check all the diffs when you buy a new RTR vehicle. The gears in my front diff were just wet with fluid and my center diff was only about half full. I always go through the whole vehicle to make sure stuff is tight and aligned.

It wise to check all the diffs when you buy a new RTR vehicle. The gears in my front diff were just wet with fluid and my center diff was only about half full. I always go through the whole vehicle to make sure stuff is tight and aligned.
I've been burned too many times by the ready to rebuild(RTR) cars to not tear them completely apart and redo everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back