Kraton Center Diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YakAttack

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
After running my 4s kraton a few times I really like its performance and durability, so far...
Is there any chance they will ever release a center differential to replace the slipper assembly?
I think with a center diff it would be near perfect in my opinion.

After running my 4s kraton a few times I really like its performance and durability, so far...
Is there any chance they will ever release a center differential to replace the slipper assembly?
That's one thing that's keeping me away from considering getting rid of something I have to get one of the 4S models.

I have a stampede 4x4 vxl, when stock, it's solid axle like the 3s/4s trucks. On 2S, it was liveable, but once I started running 3S, it was a pain to drive. It's COG is quite a bit higher than the arrma 3s/4s series, so it's very tippy and wheelie prone. Putting a center diff in it was a night and day difference. Now I can really drive it like a fool and it just scoots!

No.

Oddly, traxxas shoehorns one into the stampede/slash platform.
They also made a diff conversion for the emaxx slipper clutch. Anything is possible. The only immediate upgrade needed for the Kraton 4s is a stronger servo, stock is garbage. Everything else is pretty good for 4s power and plastic components, especially the drivetrain. It's pretty amazing what arrma has accomplished with this truck.

Yeah a stronger servo saver , better servo and a center diff. All my rc trucks have a center diff but this one. It's the main thing stopping this from being one of my absolute favorites

The servo saver isn't an issue once you change the servo. Yeah the center diff would be nice, but it's not a problem in the this truck. You just have to adjust how you drive. You can't power through turns, you have to slow down to initiate turns otherwise it will push hard through the turns. It's a different driving experience than a center diff truck. Still very capable once you adjust.

How loose can I set the slipper to keep good acceleration without damage.
I can finesse the throttle but one of the reasons I bought this truck was to let other people drive it.
Or just I just dial down the punch?

Having a 6s outcast I realize how much difference a diff makes.

I can finesse the throttle but one of the reasons I bought this truck was to let other people drive it.

Yeah, having one on my stampede took it from "OMG THIS IS ANNOYING TO DRIVE" to "THIS IS AWESOME!!!".

I wouldn't set it loose as it will just burn up the pads.

Me, I squeeze to the maximum and leave a quarter turn. (y)
I changed the radio for the DX5C.
This allows me to add a little expo, for the power of the engine.:cool:
Yvan

Attachments

• DSC00661.JPG
    DSC00661.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00666.JPG
    DSC00666.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00635.JPG
    DSC00635.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00636.JPG
    DSC00636.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 81
I wouldn't set it loose as it will just burn up the pads.
Yeah you’re right. Finesse it is.
Me, I squeeze to the maximum and leave a quarter turn. (y)
I changed the radio for the DX5C.
This allows me to add a little expo, for the power of the engine.:cool:
Yvan
I’ll probably switch to a better radio eventually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back