Mojave 1M in Center Diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Senton Mega
  5. Vendetta
  6. Infraction 4x4
I recently ordered 200k oil not realizing the 4s runs 500k stock. Was going to experiment as to whether a thicker, say 1M oil/grease would help with the front end lift on launch.

Who's running 1M oil or even grease in the center diff and how's that working out?

I know my Senton behaves way different now that I greased the rear diff.

Thicker fluid means more power transferred, so if you're looking for less wheelies your headed in the wrong direction...

Use the factory fluid for a bunch of packs it will get beat down and transfer less power to the hooked up wheels.. keep in mind a ballooning front wheel is liable to pop a bead or rip a tire..

Also remember the throttle is linear, it only wheelies because your jabbing the throttle... 😉

I'm all metaled up in both of my trucks, I know metal can break but you talking Dom-twisting-the chassis-off-the-line-torque with 1M diff oil? I was also thinking of trying out the Tamiya Cera Grease HG I have on hand 🤔

Just remember that the thicker you go, the more likely you are to break a rear drivetrain component. Diff gear, driveshaft, etc.
Because of more torque needed to spin through thicker oil? I'm sorry I'm new to the whole oil/grease diff... I'm trying to learn something here lol🤙

Because of more torque needed to spin through thicker oil? I'm sorry I'm new to the whole oil/grease diff... I'm trying to learn something here lol🤙
When you send power through a drivetrain with thinner oil, the power 'bleeds' to the point of least resistance, which is any tire without traction. You get more spinning and less traction. The front wheels end up getting more power because they lift a little, based on the normal rearward weight transfer during acceleration.

However, moving to thicker center diff oil allows less power/speed deviation between front and rear. It'll act more like a true 4WD car. More power remains at the rear during acceleration, which is good for wheelies and overall speed, but also puts more stress on the rear diff gears.

When you send power through a drivetrain with thinner oil, the power 'bleeds' to the point of least resistance, which is any tire without traction. You get more spinning and less traction. The front wheels end up getting more power because they lift a little, based on the normal rearward weight transfer during acceleration.

However, moving to thicker center diff oil allows less power/speed deviation between front and rear. It'll act more like a true 4WD car. More power remains at the rear during acceleration, which is good for wheelies and overall speed, but also puts more stress on the rear diff gears.
Speaking of more stress on the rear, I'm getting vibration at low rpms and it seems/sounds like it's coming from the rear diff.

Once throttle is increased (wheels in the air) it smooths out. Weird. The truck is extremely smooth overall with 0 rolling resistance.

Also, there is a noticeable tick tick tick that increases/decreases with speed. Like a car with a lifter tick or something. Sounds cool but I don't want to exacerbate anything especially if it's something that can be fixed.

Oh well, guess I'll have to open her up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back