Typhon Changed to 60k/100k/30k Diff fluid, now pops wheely Thypon 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comptrekkie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I Just changed my Typhon 6S BLX's, Diff fluid to 60k/100k/30k from a few different posts I read on here. Was trying to not be as aggressive so Diff is not locked all the time. Many had 100k\500k\50k or more. It now pops wheelys every time I punch it. Thought putting 60K up from would mean more power up front to help get all wheel traction launches, and only 100k in center meant diff would not be always locked so it could adjust. Do I need to balance out Diff Fluid better. It would lift the front wheels a bit before but not full on pop a wheely. It's not that bad if I wait to punch it after I excel a bit. Other than that, it felt great. More power getting to the wheels and runs smoother.

Just a bit worried because next week I will be doing a truggy conversion and already expected more wheely issues with bigger tires. But If I am already having the issue with 1/8 tires I am a bit concerned it will just be uncontrollable.

Throttle control is key, or turn your punch down a few notches and learn the new tendencies.

Over time that fluid will slowly seep out and unlock the center a bit, not sure what ambient temperatures you're running in but as the diffs heat up from bashing the bias will also slightly change.

Last edited:
I run 7000k front and rear, 10,000k in the center and it doesn't wheelie. The thicker the fluid, the more locked up it'll get.

Not sure where I found this online, but find it useful.

1702332587329.jpeg

Thank for all the good info everyone. I was just looking into punch control. Think I need to dial that down a bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back