Typhon Chassis brace or plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mestizo_rc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Outcast EXB
  8. Talion
  9. Talion EXB
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Currently have the M2cracing lwb chassis brace and is great for what it does..however lately I've been curious why I haven't found anyone making their own plates for the 3s. I'm sure the reason be it is on the lowest end of the line and why not just spend the money for the 6s line. We'll after really bashing the other day I notice the chassis getting pretty worn down. So I made a prototype skid plate I hope works. When all the mounts points are in it should be just a rigid with flex🤞🏾🤞🏾26 guage stainless

20230810_131919.jpg

My plate compared to the brace. Weight is 3.5x the weight of the brace but covers 100% of the chassis. Plates 1mm stainless with 1mm foam underneath.

20230812_173910.jpg

20230812_175229.jpg

Looks very clean! Looks like you rounded the front up to cover the pin area (while also mitigating the danger of the knife edge sticking out of a 50mph handle)?

A lot of guys use a bar or plate here for the 3s-4s line of bashers. I haven’t had any breaks since I made my bar. Personally, I haven’t had any issues anywhere except the ‘neck’ of the chassis (right around the front diff housing), which the m2c brace doesn’t protect.

Looks very clean! Looks like you rounded the front up to cover the pin area (while also mitigating the danger of the knife edge sticking out of a 50mph handle)?

A lot of guys use a bar or plate here for the 3s-4s line of bashers. I haven’t had any breaks since I made my bar. Personally, I haven’t had any issues anywhere except the ‘neck’ of the chassis (right around the front diff housing), which the m2c brace doesn’t protect.
Still a work in progress but rounded all edges for that 50+ mph blade danger. I did manage to roll the front 45* to fit the bumper also
Still bending the plate back but it fits the diff bump nicely

Attachments

• 20230810_131045.jpg
    20230810_131045.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 27
Going to need a way to hold down the edges, even if it’s just a dozen small countersunk flathead self tappers. .018” sheet metal will pinch debris and fold over quickly if not.

Well executed otherwise!

Thanks for the feed back I'll keep working on it to make the wrongs, rights

Currently have the M2cracing lwb chassis brace and is great for what it does..however lately I've been curious why I haven't found anyone making their own plates for the 3s. I'm sure the reason be it is on the lowest end of the line and why not just spend the money for the 6s line. We'll after really bashing the other day I notice the chassis getting pretty worn down. So I made a prototype skid plate I hope works. When all the mounts points are in it should be just a rigid with flex🤞🏾🤞🏾26 guage stainless

View attachment 316706
They sell some

Back