Kraton Kraton 4s odd behavior after chassis brace install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndamico

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
We have 2 4s 2.5 cars. We love them. Broken a few things but very durable. Just installed m2c chassis braces on both. First bash after that I broke 2 aarms on mine and mymson broke one on his. It wasn't a hard bash session. Nothing like what we usually do and no bad crashes (we've crashed bad many times before). So we broke 3 arms between both cars and we've never broken one before. Perhaps thry were fatigued but I'm wondering if the stiffness and weight of the brace is a contributing factor to this? Or just a crazy random coincidence?

We have 2 4s 2.5 cars. We love them. Broken a few things but very durable. Just installed m2c chassis braces on both. First bash after that I broke 2 aarms on mine and mymson broke one on his. It wasn't a hard bash session. Nothing like what we usually do and no bad crashes (we've crashed bad many times before). So we broke 3 arms between both cars and we've never broken one before. Perhaps thry were fatigued but I'm wondering if the stiffness and weight of the brace is a contributing factor to this? Or just a crazy random coincidence?
The extra weight could certainly be a contributing factor. What prompted you to buy the chassis brace? I haven't heard great results from them on the 4s cars to be honest. I've seen many pictures where the chassis just broke right at the end of the brace.

We just bought them for good measure.. we beat the crap out of the cars and didn't want a broken chassis.

its a funny hobby sometimes you break things like my wing mount on the 6s kraton twice in two bash sessions then I haven't broke it after maybe eighty bashes in six months its just one of those things with breakages just keep fixing and running man

I know it’s not the same but I have two 4s V2’s with Cassie braces and have not had a problem. I will say that I have broke three chassis before the brace ripping the hinge pins out of the chassis or breaking the chassis in half, but I’ve never broken an A Arm on either. I did upgrade my shocks when I put the chassis braces on. I think that might’ve helped with the added weight even though the added weights is not much it still has an effect. Where did the Arms break is the question at the hub or the hinge pin area?
I also have longer hinge pins and better pin holders now.

Last edited:
Hi,

Here is where they broke
1000037232.jpg

Very unusual indeed however, it’s better to break there than to break the chassis.

Back