Chassis Sizes and compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
I cant seem to find a straight answer on the wheelbase lengths of 6S chassis.

I used a ARA320570 - ALUMINUM CHASSIS LWB (Kraton 6S EXB) on my Typhon, looks great. It's about 2' longer than the stock SWB chassis.

I have another Typhon im building and want to use the same chassis or a Longer one like this; ARA320542 - ALUMINUM CHASSIS XLWB (MOJAVE 6S BLX V2)
Whats its length?

When laying the SWB over the LWB chassis the screw holes line up perfectly.

Will the MOJAVE XLWB do the same?

Cant find ANY dimensions for these.

The Limitless chassis doens tlook like it matches up at all to Typhon/Talion/Kraton parts.

IMG_2635.jpeg

IMG_2649.jpeg

The Mojo/FT XLWB chassis is longest of them all. 1/2" longer than the Lim.
I don't think the Lim/Infr/Fel chassis is a good candidate for anything OFF Road.
Absolutely buy alloy Front and Rear braces. You need them for bashing. And even speed running IMHO. I need them also for my Custom build. I shoudn't talk. HR or M2c will fit the bill. Wallet permitting.:giggle:

Swb = typhon / outcast / notorius
Lwb = kraton / talion
Xlwb = Mojave / fireteam

You can plop all the parts onto any chassis but you will need the chassis braces, t2t brace, center shafts according to which chassis you are using. The limitless chassis uses some different parts than the rest but the whole diff and suspension assembly will go on. The receiver box and servo mount are different. Motor is mounted forward but can be turned around. And again you just need chassis braces, t2t brace, center shafts for that chassis. Pretty sure you have to trim the back of the limitless chassis a little bit to clear kraton arms

Swb = typhon / outcast / notorius
Lwb = kraton / talion
Xlwb = Mojave / fireteam

You can plop all the parts onto any chassis but you will need the chassis braces, t2t brace, center shafts according to which chassis you are using. The limitless chassis uses some different parts than the rest but the whole diff and suspension assembly will go on. The receiver box and servo mount are different. Motor is mounted forward but can be turned around. And again you just need chassis braces, t2t brace, center shafts for that chassis. Pretty sure you have to trim the back of the limitless chassis a little bit to clear kraton arms
Awesome, Thanks.

So a Kraton/Talion/Typhon... will transplant to:

15 7/8" (403mm) Swb = typhon / outcast / notorius (ARA320621) (rear brace set ARA320555)
17 7/8" (454mm) Lwb = kraton / talion (ARA320623) (rear brace set ARA320555)
19 7/8" (504mm) Xlwb = Mojave / fireteam (ARA320542) (rear brace:ARA320620)
* was only able to get sizes from Amazon!

Im using the LWB now and wanted to try something a little longer, if possible.

Yeah, I had to get all the hardware and braces from Typhon > Kraton.

Didn't seem like the Limitless chassis was going to work.
Mojave 420mm
Infraction 406mm
Kraton 377mm
Typhon 325mm
Wheelbase
Thread 'HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN CUSTOM ARRMA' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-build-your-own-custom-arrma.29731/

THANKS.

I measured rom head to toe, both the SWB and LWB. What are those measurements above from?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back