Cheap Cell Checker Variance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcs29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
So I know the short answer here will be to buy a good quality product. BUT being that my wife does not find the RC hobby as cool as me I sometimes have to skimp on some stuff because I kinda like her and would rather stay married. Anyhow I bought this cheap cell checker because my charger does not read IR. This thing does pretty good on checking voltage and seems to line up with what charger says. Problem I have is it's inconsistency with regards to IR. At full charge I get different #'s everytime I unplug balance lead and plug it back in. Usually within 1 or 2 ohms. This also only seems to happen with my 6s batteries and the last 2 cells of each. Example is I'll check and cell 5 will read 5, unplug it, plug it back in and now it's 3. Is this normal or just a case of cheap product? Thanks

20230420_190900.jpg

I found that those cheap ones like this (they come in many colors and are sold under many different names)
Seem to read slightly low (at least mine does)

Also, the cell IR data is way off from my iSDT charger. I wouldn't trust the IR readings at all and would take the cell voltages as accurate up to 0.05 volts per cell.

Interestingly enough the iSDT q6 nano charger is pretty low cost (around $35). It requires you to wire up a lipo as a power source for it to check cell balance and IR, but the price was right.

Similarly, iSDT sells a nice cell checker that runs the same price and isn't a charger and won't check IR. If cell checking is all you really need those run around $39.

I found that those cheap ones like this (they come in many colors and sold under many different names)
Seem to read slightly low (at least mine does)

Also the cell IR data is way off from my iSDT charger. I wouldn't trust the IR readings at all and would take the cell voltages as accurate up to 0.05 volts per cell.
What I was afraid of

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back