What’s the best cheap battery brand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d recommend an SMC battery about 5000mah. A 10000mah battery would be way too heavy.
CNHL makes good packs too. But I agree 100%. If you want longer run times get 2 5000mah packs instead of 1 10,000mah pack.

U know I've tryed zee meh and have a hoovo pair but my preference are these that middle gensacearespammers has like 35 40 min of run time it seems my hoovo 3 s pair of 7200 mah lasts like 15 to 20 min even that 4s 6800 lasts forever

17115947512102503413074493280920.jpg

All the ones on Amazon are coming from the same source (multiple companies) as they are the lowest grade that better brands won't take.
Literally makes no difference what name is attached, it's just a printed sticker.
There is a small chance that you get lucky but usually they are all in the real 15-30C range and about 80% of advertised capacity. This is a very general statement.
You get what you pay for.

For bashing you want something that will last a season at reasonable run time. One Zee/Hovoo/ etc is about 1/3 of an SMC in capacity but I wouldn't use my SMC in a basher, hard landings are not beneficial to life.

If you don't jump use Gens, CNHL or SMC. If you jump, get something cheap and pray. Buy 2 or 3ea. and it should work just fine.

All the ones on Amazon are coming from the same source (multiple companies) as they are the lowest grade that better brands won't take.
Literally makes no difference what name is attached, it's just a printed sticker.
There is a small chance that you get lucky but usually they are all in the real 15-30C range and about 80% of advertised capacity. This is a very general statement.
You get what you pay for.

For bashing you want something that will last a season at reasonable run time. One Zee/Hovoo/ etc is about 1/3 of an SMC in capacity but I wouldn't use my SMC in a basher, hard landings are not beneficial to life.

If you don't jump use Gens, CNHL or SMC. If you jump, get something cheap and pray. Buy 2 or 3ea. and it should work just fine.
I've heard smc gensacearespammers are the top notch ones

Hobbyking seems to be coming back as a potential good performer, no real update yet or haven't seen one. All I know is that leadership for Lipos has changed back to who they used to have when they were really good, that was several years back.

CNHL makes good packs too. But I agree 100%. If you want longer run times get 2 5000mah packs instead of 1 10,000mah pack.
I'll second the CNHL recommendation. I started with a bunch of Zeees because of Black Friday deals, but I wish I had done CNHL instead.

CNHL are at least a lot closer to their advertised C-rating than a lot of the other "cheap" batteries.

Just got 2 cnhl 3s packs and they are at least 5mph faster than my zeee or ovonics. Really making me rethink my 2s packs.

Back