Chewed Up Input Gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaladeth

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
Starting with my second pack today, suddenly lost drive power… thing just wouldn’t accelerate anymore.

Went home, opened it up, and found this. Definitely worn right?

IMG_0440.jpeg

Yes that’s well worn.
Yes that’s well worn.
It happens man. When you replace it, would be a good time to top off the diff oil. In the 3s vehicles, I think you can upgrade to metal imput gear.

Last edited:
Will keep trying to improve my driving skills too, but oh boy that gear is abused.

@QLynxer - What oil is good? Also what grease do you guys put on the gears.

@RCbuzz - Is that a drop in replacement for the BRCC? Will probably need metal input, spur and pinion too.

Will keep trying to improve my driving skills too, but oh boy that gear is abused.

@QLynxer - What oil is good? Also what grease do you guys put on the gears.

@RCbuzz - Is that a drop in replacement for the BRCC? Will probably need metal input, spur and pinion too.
I beleive stock oil is 10k front/rear. I like mine a little heavier (15k or so).

Yes that 4s metal module will slip right into the 3s cars.

I would keep the plastic spur and stock pinion is metal. Best to seal the power module to keep debris out and it will last some time with proper gear mesh.

Yes that’s well worn.

It happens man. When you replace it, would be a good time to top off the diff oil. In the 3s vehicles, I think you can upgrade to metal imput gear.
Upgrade the pinion and crown to steel as a set.

$90. for that is just ludicrous. For a stupid slipper assy? Like its made of gold or something.
4x4 parts can be stupid expensive at times. I don't know why. Only the bean counters of HH's accounting Dept. can answer that question.:LOL:
Many 6s line drive train parts are way cheaper by comparison.
Check out JennysRC for better prices first.

I know that so many are into their 4x4's. I get that. Many of the necessary upgrade parts needed, and as a "fix", in many cases are so costly.
I did my research and avoided the 4x4 line mainly because the 6s line is so mature, and parts are generally cheaper overall. Diffs and all. I cant explain why. Just is what it is.
6s line doesn't require much in upgrades, except the few basic items. Cheap Stocker replacement parts are just fine. NIB 6s stuff does cost a bit more up front. But you get that return on the back end.
The higher end 6s line appears to be better in this regard. The cost of owning one.

Last edited:
If your wallet can handle the extra, go for the steel spur too. But Try JenRC first. Any 4s spur assembly will do as they are all made of steel.

Back