Senton Cleaning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underdark

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So they say these trucks are water proof I ran my Senton in wet freshly cut grass there was so much grass under the body I hosed it off. My question is should I have done that I've ran it 3 times since no issues. If there is another way you guys clean when they are totally dirty please let me know.

I am in no way claiming I am doing what's right, but I have ran my granite in snow, slush, rain, deep puddles, etc with no regard for electronics preservation. Got her muddied up pretty good, and sprayed down with a hose numerous times, sometimes in a hurry and just givin her the business to move on. That being said, I too always give the truck ample time to dry, typically in front of a fan while hanging from a line so it can spin and dry better. The stock electronics are still hanging on just fine. So, either I'm lucky, or this stuff is pretty dang water resistant. Side note, I also go overboard on spray oil on the whole truck which might help parts to shed water faster...? Maybe?

I am in no way claiming I am doing what's right, but I have ran my granite in snow, slush, rain, deep puddles, etc with no regard for electronics preservation. Got her muddied up pretty good, and sprayed down with a hose numerous times, sometimes in a hurry and just givin her the business to move on. That being said, I too always give the truck ample time to dry, typically in front of a fan while hanging from a line so it can spin and dry better. The stock electronics are still hanging on just fine. So, either I'm lucky, or this stuff is pretty dang water resistant. Side note, I also go overboard on spray oil on the whole truck which might help parts to shed water faster...? Maybe?
Brushless motors are waterproof as a rule. Quads, boats, trucks etc. The esc is my only concern when I get my stuff wet and I'm just careful not to spray directly in the esc. When I do, I dry it very well with compressed air and wait it out for peace of mind. Nothing to worry about imo.

Brushless motors are waterproof as a rule. Quads, boats, trucks etc. The esc is my only concern when I get my stuff wet and I'm just careful not to spray directly in the esc. When I do, I dry it very well with compressed air and wait it out for peace of mind. Nothing to worry about imo.
I don't worry so much. I see it like this - I bought my trucks to have fun, and I refuse to throttle back over a fear of water damage. If it fails to do what I want it to, I'll figure out a way to fix it and make it right... Or... I'll ask you guys how to make it do what I want. This seems like a more viable option as all my repairs and upgrades are "brought to you in part by" Arrma Forum!

Like @Jeremy in WI, I also don't care about electronics when cleaning my rig. Hose her down, wd-40 followed by air and a dry lube.

The only time I had problems was after I ran through a deep puddle and water got in my receiver case. All I did was take the rx apart and cleaned the board with 99% rubbing alcohol. She was back to her old self after.

I don't worry so much. I see it like this - I bought my trucks to have fun, and I refuse to throttle back over a fear of water damage. If it fails to do what I want it to, I'll figure out a way to fix it and make it right... Or... I'll ask you guys how to make it do what I want. This seems like a more viable option as all my repairs and upgrades are "brought to you in part by" Arrma Forum!

I agree. Blast it and fix it. I know my spending limitations and if I'm worried about cost, I hold back. Otherwise I just send it and deal with the repercussions later.
I'm gonna start using WD-40 more often everywhere. If it's designed for water displacement (less than a lubricant) then I should use it as it's designed. When I wash my trucks I notice some hardware rusting eventually but only because I don't do anything to prevent it. I think I'm gonna try to soak down the whole thing with wd-40 avoiding the esc and see how it works out.

I agree. Blast it and fix it. I know my spending limitations and if I'm worried about cost, I hold back. Otherwise I just send it and deal with the repercussions later.
I'm gonna start using WD-40 more often everywhere. If it's designed for water displacement (less than a lubricant) then I should use it as it's designed. When I wash my trucks I notice some hardware rusting eventually but only because I don't do anything to prevent it. I think I'm gonna try to soak down the whole thing with wd-40 avoiding the esc and see how it works out.
I hose down with wd40 every now and then, followed by a silicone based spray oil. I still see a little rust here and there, but nothing debilitating. Mostly just cosmetic and surface. Someday I'll build a shelf queen or good weather rig, but for now it's bash, break, bandage, repeat!

Everything near me is sand. Beach sand. It's either that or pavement. I run in the sand, then hose it out afterward. Lean it aggainst a box fan in the garage overnight to dry. No issues so far. I do wonder how well those DustyMotors covers work
These

I thought about trying to make one with window screen. Will probably end up buying one

Everything near me is sand. Beach sand. It's either that or pavement. I run in the sand, then hose it out afterward. Lean it aggainst a box fan in the garage overnight to dry. No issues so far. I do wonder how well those DustyMotors covers work
These

I thought about trying to make one with window screen. Will probably end up buying one
They work pretty good at keeping dirt out, but they are even better at keeping heat in. I have no heat problems in 90 degree temps, but with the cover on I have temp issues in the 70s... I've found them GREAT for snow bashing though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back