Big Rock Cnc diff went boom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

Reaction score
So less than a year ago i put a cnc rear diff in my big rock. Because i got sick of replacing plastic diffs. Shimmed it before it went in. Has less than 15 packs on it, as i have been running it less and less because it has been a pita since day one. Today i decided to give it a go, and on the second pack i started getting a grinding noise. This is what i found. better off just buying plastic ones from jennys and calling it good.

IMG_20230506_191142389.jpg

IMG_20230506_191203880.jpg

Whoa! Look at the ring gear though, it looks fine. You think the hardening process didn't take for the input gear or the flex of the yoke?

Might need a bulk deal on metal yokes. 🤔

Out of curiosity did you off road with this? Is your rig a off roader? I just find that those who have these issues are always the ones off roading.which applys a lot of abuse to these rigs .I'm a on road user and I never have these problems.many a times people think these parts will accept the abuse people give them and expect them to last.. everything breaks ..it's no mystery.good luck with your rig and I hope the next diff lasts a little longer .

Out of curiosity did you off road with this? Is your rig a off roader? I just find that those who have these issues are always the ones off roading.which applys a lot of abuse to these rigs .I'm a on road user and I never have these problems.many a times people think these parts will accept the abuse people give them and expect them to last.. everything breaks ..it's no mystery.good luck with your rig and I hope the next diff lasts a little longer .
But Aarma instructs you to both bash and blast and most on here are in compliance so they don't void there warranty. Aarma insists that you abuse your rig.🤷‍♂️

But Aarma instructs you to both bash and blast and most on here are in compliance so they don't void there warranty. Aarma insists that you abuse your rig.🤷‍♂️
Lol I suppose your right..bash em blast em ..have fun ..that's the game👍😁

Uhhh yeah, they litterly come with knobby tires, and suspension for off road. Thats the whole point.

Uhhh yeah, they litterly come with knobby tires, and suspension for off road. Thats the whole point.
I know plenty that use knobby tires on road lol.how am I supposed to know what you used them for.? It was just a question bud .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back