Infraction Custom Off-road infraction! New favorite!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
So awhile ago I made a post about my off-road felony. Well now I picked up a infraction body and put that on my beast!

Powered by a 4092 1730 kv hobbystar with a max 6 esc. Put on 23mm hex extenders to make the whole rig wider and threw on some 4s outcast LP tires (really awesome tires). It's running 17t pinion and a 46t center diff. Sits on a infraction/felony chassis. I had an outcast that I wasn't using and threw all the parts onto this chassis. It's bonkers!! It sits low but of course not like a normal infraction. Slides like a dream and rips hard. SUCH a fun vehicle to drive I'm going to be selling my typhon soon because I have no interest in it.

81B8C24E-6F02-4A36-BFB5-2B6189818CB5.jpeg

55E786F2-74A7-4D50-BF05-806BF8B6F54A.jpeg

B142CC4F-8896-410E-B8A9-B427903B47D8.jpeg

775590E8-528A-46B9-BC13-DD21E397F5C5.jpeg

0486DF04-003A-4855-9B27-524914EBF3D6.jpeg

Very nice ,I've got mojave with similar setup.did you move motor to other side??wire banding work good??

View attachment 113888
yeah I didn't want the motor, nor do I think I could fit the 4092 in the stock position so I learned that you could flip it so I did that. and the wire banding works great! it comes off sometimes but I just throw some more on and I'm good to go, I don't even glue it.

yeah I didn't want the motor, nor do I think I could fit the 4092 in the stock position so I learned that you could flip it so I did that. and the wire banding works great! it comes off sometimes but I just throw some more on and I'm good to go, I don't even glue it.
I use 500lb kevlar cored cord. Works well and lasts a year or so before I have to remove/replace. Longer if I don't run on rocks.

what do you do to tie it?
A 4 wrap single knot. I pull it snug and get the cord where I want it, then pull it snug again and glue the entire knot. Then I put a dot of glue about every inch in case the string breaks, then it's not just flopping around the tire and getting hung up in stuff. The first time I did it, I glued the entire thing to the tire... that sucked to remove when it broke and needed replaced. I was running 4 wraps of 70lb then. Now I just use 1 wrap of 500lb cored cord. Seems to hold up well at skate parks and grass running, which is about all I do.

You can see the knot here:
2019-0726-TraxxasTmaxxTire-thickCordKnot.jpg

I saw someone post the knot using a usb cord, but couldn't find it so took one of my own as it's easier to see:
2020-1213-MultiwrapSingleKnotExample.jpg

The cord holds onto it's self pretty good once you wrap the knot 3-4 times. So far, the glue holds fine on 6S/50mph+ speeds.

This is how I did my backflips on my outcast:
2020-0811-ArrmaBackflip3.8-wrapped.jpg

A 4 wrap single knot. I pull it snug and get the cord where I want it, then pull it snug again and glue the entire knot. Then I put a dot of glue about every inch in case the string breaks, then it's not just flopping around the tire and getting hung up in stuff. The first time I did it, I glued the entire thing to the tire... that sucked to remove when it broke and needed replaced. I was running 4 wraps of 70lb then. Now I just use 1 wrap of 500lb cored cord. Seems to hold up well at skate parks and grass running, which is about all I do.

You can see the knot here:
2019-0726-TraxxasTmaxxTire-thickCordKnot.jpg

I saw someone post the knot using a usb cord, but couldn't find it so took one of my own as it's easier to see:
2020-1213-MultiwrapSingleKnotExample.jpg

The cord holds onto it's self pretty good once you wrap the knot 3-4 times. So far, the glue holds fine on 6S/50mph+ speeds.

This is how I did my backflips on my outcast:
2020-0811-ArrmaBackflip3.8-wrapped.jpg
Very solid! thank you for the info. That is great that it lasts that long

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back