Cvd drive shafts or dog bone axles. Which is better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrizzle69

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Nero
I'm on the hunt to find a good set of axles for my Big Rock V3. I haven't had any luck with finding the right length cvd drive shafts. I've ordered quite a few cvd drive shafts from different manufacturers and they all seem to be to short with the rpm composite A-arms I have on it. My question is I've noticed that the dog bone axles are now made for my Big Rock V3 so which is better with standing up to the tourqe the dog bone axles or cvd drive shafts. Thanks for any advice.

Dog bones are fine.
The only real issues is that in certain scenarios they could pop out. Often you can adjust the suspension travel with limiters to mitigate that.

In the world of "best of the best" CVDs are better, but nothing wrong with dog bones for a basher.

Dog bones are fine.
The only real issues is that in certain scenarios they could pop out. Often you can adjust the suspension travel with limiters to mitigate that.

In the world of "best of the best" CVDs are better, but nothing wrong with dog bones for a basher.
I have dog bones on a redcat volcano s30 nitro that was given to me. I was in the process of getting it going again until I fiddlesticked around and bought myself an electric truck. Now the gas truck sits on the shelf. But the moral of the story is when I bought my Big Rock V3 is when I was introduced to the cvd drive shafts and I thought the cvd drive shafts looked a lot more durable than the dogbone axles and the cups they inserted into. I just recently bought a set of 4 GPM cvd drive shafts for my truck and I hope they can handle the speed and torque my truck is putting out. If not than I guess I'll give the dogbone set up a try. Thanks for the advice bud

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back