Gpm cvd drive shafts for an Arrma Big Rock V3 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrizzle69

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Nero
What's the easiest way to open the ring that covers the pin on the cup that goes on to the duff axle?

I assume we are talking an Arrma 4x4 drivetrain.
I am not 100 % sure. But a small dental pick or similar pick tool to spread the ring and slide it off?
Wait for others with 4x4's to chime in. Perhaps posting this in the 4x4 AF section will get better results? IDK.
I am only Arrma Certified in their 6s platforms. I still need my 4x4 line Certification.:(

Yes it's a ring that looks just like a key ring. I bent one already trying to open up to slide it over the cup that goes on the diff shaft.

I heard they are a PIA. They tend to just fall off when running it in many cases. Like they become disposable after a few removals. Getting too loose.
No personal experience with them however.
I read about it on many AF threads.
You got your answer when you reposted this in the 4x4 section. (y)

I used those axles. THEY SUCK! The stock plastic ones are so much better! That was my experience.

Never buy gpm. They suck. The factory plastic are great. 4s yeah pushing it. Never had an issue on my v1 4s kraton. 5 years of torture. Ussualy its a clutch tightness thing

I ran a set of the gpm axles in the rear of my granite/senton. i used a small pick to help remove those pin retainers, never had much of an issue.
I got at least a year out of those axles before the threaded portion for the wheel nut snapped.
They were not perfect, but i wouldnt say they were a waste of money either. Imo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back