Do i have to open the rear diff to install the Arrma Kraton/Outcast 4S CVD axles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukeboyz01

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this, and bought my first rc arma kraton 4s v2 and a rear axle came off and stripped where it connects to the diff. Set screw was missing.
Do I have to open up the diff to reinstall a new axle? Or can I just install it ? Do I need lock tight?

I'm new to this, and bought my first rc arma kraton 4s v2 and a rear axle came off and stripped where it connects to the diff. Set screw was missing.
Do I have to open up the diff to reinstall a new axle? Or can I just install it ? Do I need lock tight?
Hello and Welcome!

Wow, it's been a long time since I put CVDs on my 3S diffs... I assume it is the same as the 4S, but I will leave room to be corrected by the vets.

I just installed them. I did not have to open or remove the diff. In addition, I was not happy with the set screw dept, so I bought some taller ones so it was more flush. The nice thing is if one of the set screw holes is messed up on the diff, there in another spot on the other side...well on the 3S

Just install it and loctite since it is plastic...I cannot remember if I added some or not...yes it does go into metal 🤷‍♂️ .

I assume the diff is ready for the CVDs and the stock driveshaft has been removed.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back