Granite CVD SLIDER SET: 4X4 MEGA BLX - Worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_RC_Guy

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience with ARAC3974? The stock driveshafts on my Granite do not hold up very well and I'm looking for something stronger. Reviews seem to be mixed on these hence why I thought I'd ask.

If your 4x4 slipper clutch is very tight/too tight, they all will fail at some point.
Properly adjusted, the slipper will absorb drivetrain loads better.
Have you checked it lately or ever?
My 3 cents.

Yeah I did that 2 or 3 days ago. I disassembled the slipper clutch, applied Vibra-tite VC-3 to the threads of the M2.5 x 25 screw and reassembled. I didn't think I got the slipper too tight? I tightened the screw fully then backed off 1 1/2 turns.

I replaced just the rear driveshafts on my wife's Granite with the CVD sliders, but only after I tried loosening the slipper clutch quite a bit. She still managed to pop the u-joint on a brand-new driveshaft somehow, after which I finally caved.

The CVDs have held up for quite a few packs since then, so in that regard they do seem like a worthwhile upgrade for the Granite.

I rethought it and I think I'm going to stick with the stock driveshafts for now. $80 USD for a full set is an awful big pill to swallow.

I think my slipper was just too tight hence why I kept popping U-joints.

Yeah getting a slipper "just right" has a learning curve. They also need to be cleaned up and reset from time to time.
Ambient Temps can even make them feel different also. Its not really a set and forget thing. A slipper that's on the looser side will obviously spare the drivetrain better.

A mega should have no problem keeping the stock shafts intact if its set properly. Also cheap to have a spare set on hand from jenny’s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back