Typhon Delta Plastik

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarsK9

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
Alright guys, I’m trying to decide on a body for my stretched typhon gt speed runner. I know a few guys run the jag body but what about the dome gt2? Are there any huge differences in the bodies that should sway me one way or the other? Keep in mind I’m as noob as they come to speed runs so I don’t imagine noticing a big difference compared to experienced runners but I don’t want to waste money on a body that would hurt my runs.

Wheelbase is around 377mm based on the stretched chassis

the 1/7 scale bodies are meant for the limitless and that is 406mm.

looks like you’ll have to modify to fit more than likely.

I guess it depends on what chassis you use, right? Kraton is the one most have used, but you could use the Mojave too. Heck you could do the @LibertyMKiii method too. That’s why I had to ask.

Yea I’m using Kraton chassis. I’ll check libertys build again to refresh my memory.

Yea I’m using Kraton chassis. I’ll check libertys build again to refresh my memory.
Mine is just a custom built composite body... not exactly something you can just do on a Saturday.
Id imagine going with a 360mm body is the best compromise. The rear wheel arch wont be lining up correctly...

Mine is just a custom built composite body... not exactly something you can just do on a Saturday.
Id imagine going with a 360mm body is the best compromise. The rear wheel arch wont be lining up correctly...
Thanks @LibertyMKiii I know about that build cause I’m following it closely, I’m a fan of custom work. Couldn’t remember if you had another build going on or not. I’ll have to look into it some more and figure out fitment. May have to run a 1/7 body but I could’ve sworn I saw some one run a 360mm body but who knows. Quarantine with 3 dogs and 3 toddlers have my brain fried ?

Thanks @LibertyMKiii I know about that build cause I’m following it closely, I’m a fan of custom work. Couldn’t remember if you had another build going on or not. I’ll have to look into it some more and figure out fitment. May have to run a 1/7 body but I could’ve sworn I saw some one run a 360mm body but who knows. Quarantine with 3 dogs and 3 toddlers have my brain fried ?
You may want to look at just how big 17mm really is compared to the wheel/tire. I am thinking run the 360mm body and the rear wheel will be slightly more rearward compared to the lines on the body.

You may want to look at just how big 17mm really is compared to the wheel/tire. I am thinking run the 360mm body and the rear wheel will be slightly more rearward compared to the lines on the body.
I’m gonna have to, I emailed delta Plastik and their 1/7 is 410mm wheelbase. Looking at the 360mm jag body lines and it looks like I just push the wheel arches and it wouldn’t look too bad. All depends on how exactly I mount it but if a couple lines look funny, nothing a bit of paint magic won’t fix.

Sorry for late reply , I've never had a stretched typhon gt. Mine was standard length.

It’s no problem. I’m gonna give the jag body a go

My Toyota GT 1 body came in for my new v2 Infraction, feel free to check out my build log:

TOYOTA GT BODY.jpeg

TOYOTA GT BODY1.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back