Desperate for 2mm hex driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePancake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Idle hands and all that, what with the current situation.

I've had a full set of sealed bearings sat waiting for me for a while so thought I'd fit them.

Turns out you can't get much done without a long 2mm hex driver. So I ordered one on ebay. Over a week later still waiting. So thought I'd make one....

The tools supplied with the car are total pap, but can be put to good use.
IMG_20200418_171622.jpg

After carefully drilling a 2mm hole in the bar, insert a 2mm L key that's had the end chopped off, adding a drop of locktite
IMG_20200418_171634.jpg

And bung it in the drill
IMG_20200418_172817.jpg

All I have to do now is wait for the ?

Haha thanks. Not sure how much torque it'll do but it'll certainly help ?

You know that was probably the first thing I looked at for mods were titanium screws ?

Idle hands and all that, what with the current situation.

I've had a full set of sealed bearings sat waiting for me for a while so thought I'd fit them.

Turns out you can't get much done without a long 2mm hex driver. So I ordered one on ebay. Over a week later still waiting. So thought I'd make one....

The tools supplied with the car are total pap, but can be put to good use. View attachment 75517

After carefully drilling a 2mm hole in the bar, insert a 2mm L key that's had the end chopped off, adding a drop of locktite
View attachment 75520

And bung it in the drill
View attachment 75522

All I have to do now is wait for the ?

i assume this is for the 3s/4s line axles? you can swing the shaft to around 60* and get a regular bit or wrench in there if it is...?

When I watched the how to vid on YT I didn't think that would work.... ?‍♂️

it does, but what you made is cool too man.. and it gave you something to do...??

The hex drivers I have are actually still proper. Use them on my drones all the time. I am finding that the arrma screws are all over the place. Some have too much, too little, none at all in terms of the loctite.

I don't even try anymore lol the screws are cheap enough on amazon that I just use my screw extractor set and replace with a new one. Especially in the field with drones this comes in handy ?

Stud extractor kit... ? Something else for the shopping list ? or maybe I could make one. Torx bits do pretty good at that ?

Well that didn't work. ?

Appears the hole through the drive shaft is smaller than the bar I used. Must be less than 4.5mm

The u joint wouldn't move enough to use the standard key on the rear set, luckily I found a slightly long L key which would do them. The front was more accommodating ?
All done and silky smooth now ?
Thanks @Camaroboy383 for the tips ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back