Fireteam Did Arrma lose their minds when pricing Fireteam body/cage parts???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean Typhon arms on a Talion chassis? That would be a very tippy, rollover prone rig I'm guessing? The Mojo armed Kraton/Talion chassis is what I meant as a "Typhon XL". The Mojo arms seem "just right" for an XL buggy I feel. I'm running Mojo shocks/springs with 60wt oil on a track, not 100% on the oil weight tho. I have changed fluid too many times in different rigs without writing it down..plus I suffer from C.R.S..can't remember sh_t😂
The TC Asuga body should be a good fit for a Typhon XL. I know peeps run the standard Typhon body with post extensions but, I don't like the posts being stretched horizontally. I feel it puts alot of undo stress on the rear shock tower when the inevitable upside down landing happens. Just me.
Edit..
To answer your question that I forgot to.. it does feel a bit "springy" in the rear with stock Mojo exb springs. The front feels planted though. I haven't checked to see if Arrma offers a lighter rear spring for the Mojo though.
Mine is still sporting a hacked up kexb body at the moment.. it's basically a narrowed Kraton I guess🤷‍♂️ I really enjoy running it on track with half worn Mojo tires. It scoots!!
Thanks @KnowAir. Here is a pic of my rig. Gonna try the Mojo spings and use heavier oil in the rear so its less springy. Thanks again.

Typhonfrontend.jpg

This seems to be the model for most companies these days. Slash the price. Get you to buy it. Then gouge you for the replacement parts. Nothing is made like it used to be. And then I'll sue anyone who makes a similar part, even though mine is inferior to yours. What a world.

Holy crap is this for real? Looked for Fireteam body parts and it feels like they must be joking!

cage sides $29
inner cage supports $15
cage roof $13
cage front and rear $15
inner body $40
driver body parts lol $47
painted guard set $50
painted body panels $57

total $266!!!

This has to be one the biggest jokes I've ever seen in rc pricing! Hope my stock cage holds up because I won't be replacing any body/cage parts at those prices! I'll make the most of the stocker, after that its all truck bodies, lol!

Seriously $47 bucks for some doll arms/heads/guns/hands? 🤣 🤣 🤣
They should have made an agusta.

This seems to be the model for most companies these days. Slash the price. Get you to buy it. Then gouge you for the replacement parts. Nothing is made like it used to be. And then I'll sue anyone who makes a similar part, even though mine is inferior to yours. What a world.
Slashing the price on something like these, is a way to move slow selling inventory. Especially when the pricepoint is just toooo high.
Then you flood the market with them. Then the price goes up, yet many will jump in anyway, seeing them all over the place. Seems since last years Black Friday sale discount ($400.00), there are more YT videos and people that own the FT now. Smart marketting for the Holiday sales, getting rid of overstocked slow selling inventory. And this bolstered "normal price" sales and continuing as we speak. Still not a great deal at The MAP price IMHO. I never would have purchased a FT at all, but not for the $400.00 price. :cool:

Holy crap is this for real? Looked for Fireteam body parts and it feels like they must be joking!

cage sides $29
inner cage supports $15
cage roof $13
cage front and rear $15
inner body $40
driver body parts lol $47
painted guard set $50
painted body panels $57

total $266!!!

This has to be one the biggest jokes I've ever seen in rc pricing! Hope my stock cage holds up because I won't be replacing any body/cage parts at those prices! I'll make the most of the stocker, after that its all truck bodies, lol!

Seriously $47 bucks for some doll arms/heads/guns/hands? 🤣 🤣 🤣
well its with all of them not only arrma. They think they can charge hell out of us with spare parts. We should boykott them until the realize that we are the ones who pay their salary. I don't even get started about planes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back