Fireteam Did Arrma lose their minds when pricing Fireteam body/cage parts???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many parts for our hobbies are just repurposed and rebranded main stream components, with a bloated price tag to match. Take RC Fans as just one example. Also RC boutique Oils , found in tiny quantities for expensive prices. No one really knows what type of lube it really is. It is just repackaged Generic automotive greases and oils, and in some cases even worse garbage in a fancy package. Sold for like 100 times more $$ by quantity. Like it is Magic Gold or something, just because it just says for RC use.
Words like "RC Use labeled" products make many Newbs and those "not in the know" Feel better, not knowing, but thinking they have the "Right stuff".:LOL:

Last edited:
I think the FT is pretty cool too.

I don't think many are having any diff problems. Perhaps the BLX diffs are a bit tougher now. No issues with my BLX Kraton Diff's either.

Don't get me started on pre-stripped plastic threads though.. I am hoping that becomes a thing of the past real quick :cool:
Factory stripped threads from the Power Tools they use will always be a thing. Production is very fast paced. These are slave labor factories. Lets not lose sight of this. Poor work conditions. All my New Arrma rigs had this issue. Most never notice it. And don't first check. Later on down the road, they are buying replacement parts, because of poor QC with Mfr. assembly. It is common for me to check every single screw on a brand new rig BEFORE running it. I make a list of all the stripped plastic parts and have HH send me warranty replacements up front, before I even run my new Model. QC is poor, HH knows it and should oblige. Only had one issue with HH warranty, out of many warranty claims. Wth my FT, they had a change of heart and gave me the parts like they should have. Like close to $130. in parts. :rolleyes: Why should I pay to replace parts due to poorly skilled assy and bad QC. These Arrma have become quite expensive no less.
I can find a QC defect in assy. with every/any single New Arrma out the box.

Last edited:
Precisely why I got out of and don't miss the large scale scene. Steering servo..$200.00. Exhaust pipe $249.00. Full shell with cage...$229.00.. total money pit! Miss my track but not the Losi 5T. Never again...frankly I'm having just as much fun with our lil 3s typhons and have an RC buddy
Factory stripped threads from the Power Tools they use will always be a thing. Production is very fast paced. These are slave labor factories. Lets not lose sight of this. Poor work conditions. All my New Arrma rigs had this issue. Most never notice it. And don't first check. Later on down the road, they are buying replacement parts, because of poor QC with Mfr. assembly. It is common for me to check every single screw on a brand new rig BEFORE running it. I make a list of all the stripped plastic parts and have HH send me warranty replacements up front, before I even run my new Model. QC is poor, HH knows it and should oblige. Only had one issue with HH warranty, out of many warranty claims. They had a change of heart and gave me the parts like they should have. like close to $130. in parts. Why should I pay to replace parts due to poorly skilled assy and bad QC.
I can find a QC defect in assy. with every/any single New Arrma out the box.
Yup....I recall your lengthy FT thread and the NUMEROUS issues you had with it. With a little arm twisting, glad HH came through for you. Been pretty lucky with my Senton & typhon 3's. Aside from low fluids in shocks and diff ( what I've come to expect :rolleyes: ) haven't had any issues out of the box. Knock wood.

I like the look of the FT in general minus having 4 figures in it. I'm at least going to get every bit of use out of the stock body I can, working on some mods today. I guess I should be happy, the cage parts are not as overpriced as the panels. Keeping it going with partial cage replacements as needed might be a good option.

The bigger the scale, the deeper the pockets, that's for sure. They look super cool running, but man when something breaks... 😩 It didn't really hit me until recently when I was sourcing parts for a 3S build just much cheaper even the3S stuff is compared to the 6S line.

I like the look of the FT in general minus having 4 figures in it. I'm at least going to get every bit of use out of the stock body I can, working on some mods today. I guess I should be happy, the cage parts are not as overpriced as the panels. Keeping it going with partial cage replacements as needed might be a good option.
Sounds like a good plan.. you can make replacement panels rather easily I'm betting.
The bigger the scale, the deeper the pockets, that's for sure. They look super cool running, but man when something breaks... 😩 It didn't really hit me until recently when I was sourcing parts for a 3S build just much cheaper even the3S stuff is compared to the 6S line.
Yes sir! 1/5 is pricey, add the Losi name and forget about it!! Nothing against Losi but man, pricey!!

They could have done a simple lexan body with a roof support like the kraton and a -75$ retail price and it would have been a success imo. Still do nit like that they keep using RTR drivetrain who is cheese

You want to see the prices in the UK, they are even more expensive.!! When this body dies I'll either sell the truck or turn it into something else..

My EXBB Fireteam 😉🤣🤣 https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bashingbrians-fireteam-exbb.59081/

IMG_6964.jpeg

Many parts for our hobbies are just repurposed and rebranded main stream components, with a bloated price tag to match. Take RC Fans as just one example. Also RC boutique Oils , found in tiny quantities for expensive prices. No one really knows what type of lube it really is. It is just repackaged Generic automotive greases and oils, and in some cases even worse garbage in a fancy package. Sold for like 100 times more $$ by quantity. Like it is Magic Gold or something, just because it just says for RC use.
Words like "RC Use labeled" products make many Newbs and those "not in the know" Feel better, not knowing, but thinking they have the "Right stuff".:LOL:

"Rc" fans......... Those $50+ fans that you find on eBay cost less than $10 without the braided cable and grill.
Lucas Oil makes all the oils for Team Associated.
Rc tire glue is literally super glue but sold in different consistencies.
Team Associated Green Slime is bicycle fork grease. That 1/8th ounce tube that costs you $7 is $10 for 2oz retail.
You want to see the prices in the UK, they are even more expensive.!! When this body dies I'll either sell the truck or turn it into something else..

My EXBB Fireteam 😉🤣🤣 https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bashingbrians-fireteam-exbb.59081/

View attachment 298584

Your build thread inspired me to try and find some different heads for my drivers. But I cannot seem to find any of the proper sized Troll dolls. It is like they don't even make them anymore. Really wish I still had my collection from the 90s.

Certain needed upgrade Brand parts that are a Fix for the 3s line can be more $$ than many of the same 6s parts.

Been down that road as well with the Nomad DB-8. I ended up waiting and scooped up two more complete units as they sold them off as refurbished; they were new in box and possibly dealer returns. They were about half the price as a new one, and I figured it was the cheapest way to stockpile spare parts knowing it was out of production.

With the FT hitting that sub-$400 sale price already, that's what I would do. I'd end up getting two just for the spares.

s

Been down that road as well with the Nomad DB-8. I ended up waiting and scooped up two more complete units as they sold them off as refurbished; they were new in box and possibly dealer returns. They were about half the price as a new one, and I figured it was the cheapest way to stockpile spare parts knowing it was out of production.

With the FT hitting that sub-$400 sale price already, that's what I would do. I'd end up getting two just for the spares.

s
I just missed the Nomad.. wasn't really paying attention as I was into other hobbies during it's run. Super cool rig I think, but I'm somewhat glad I didn't jump on it since they discontinued it..
Associated has a habit of moving on too quickly it seems..

the fireteam ain’t a great basher... its a kraton drivetrain but a lot heavier and longer. Unless they have secretly changed the materials of the diffs. If they came with exb open diffs it wouldn’t be an issue but buggy style diffs in a muggy Style rc doesn't go well in my book. Hope they make a v6 who just phases out the RTR diffs. These things do not deserve to exist now that the exb diff exists. Only complain with the exb diff when open is the plate behind the spider gears has holes in it and might have Extremely minimal LSD effect. But i think it is negligible. You want a mojave kraton just make it urself With all the aftermarket available and you wont be ruining urself over that stupid Fragile expensive body. Arrma is truly missing the point on their latests releases. Make something interesting and appealing for ur costumer base let the aftermarket do the rest. The fireteam appealed to nobody until it went into a 30% sale. I would have bought one just to make profit In parts and keep some stuff. i might know whats happening with arrma but i rather not mention it
You make some good points. Also, as you mentioned Arrma considers the Fireteam a buggy. And here I am wanting Arrma to release a large 1/7 scale buggy and we had it all along just badly designed.

You make some good points. Also, as you mentioned Arrma considers the Fireteam a buggy. And here I am wanting Arrma to release a large 1/7 scale buggy and we had it all along just badly designed.
I agree.. although IMO the FT isn't badly designed but rather under spec'd.. should have had EXB components rather than BLX.
Also, with regards to the 1/7 buggy, it's been under our noses for longer than the FT has.. it's the Kraton 6s with Mojo suspension..
1/6 buggy too, Mojo with appropriate buggy body and bumper's deleted.. oh, plus wing mount of course!!🤷‍♂️😎🍻

I agree.. although IMO the FT isn't badly designed but rather under spec'd.. should have had EXB components rather than BLX.
Also, with regards to the 1/7 buggy, it's been under our noses for longer than the FT has.. it's the Kraton 6s with Mojo suspension..
1/6 buggy too, Mojo with appropriate buggy body and bumper's deleted.. oh, plus wing mount of course!!🤷‍♂️😎🍻
Ahhh, I have the a stretched Typhon thing, with Talion springs. I'm looking for something more buggy like was thinking of swapping just the Kraton springs on it to see how they perform. Have you tried the Mojo springs on a buggy type build if so, how did it feel, like my 9yrd nephew says "Is it satisfying". Does it feel pluuuuuush? Also did you stick factory Shock oil or added new?

I say badly designed cause that thing on top makes it not a buggy:unsure:(n)

$Parts$ aside, the larger and the heavier the scale is, the Breakage potential and liability is increased exponentially. The nature of physics. The big scale guys don't truly BASH their stuff Hard for this reason. This is well known. Just because they are very large scale, doesn't make them any more durable.
The complete opposite is true. I run into large scale guys when I'm out bashing. They drive them so very carefully. Or their wallet will have a fit.:giggle:

Ahhh, I have the a stretched Typhon thing, with Talion springs. I'm looking for something more buggy like was thinking of swapping just the Kraton springs on it to see how they perform. Have you tried the Mojo springs on a buggy type build if so, how did it feel, like my 9yrd nephew says "Is it satisfying". Does it feel pluuuuuush? Also did you stick factory Shock oil or added new?

I say badly designed cause that thing on top makes it not a buggy:unsure:(n)
You mean Typhon arms on a Talion chassis? That would be a very tippy, rollover prone rig I'm guessing? The Mojo armed Kraton/Talion chassis is what I meant as a "Typhon XL". The Mojo arms seem "just right" for an XL buggy I feel. I'm running Mojo shocks/springs with 60wt oil on a track, not 100% on the oil weight tho. I have changed fluid too many times in different rigs without writing it down..plus I suffer from C.R.S..can't remember sh_t😂
The TC Asuga body should be a good fit for a Typhon XL. I know peeps run the standard Typhon body with post extensions but, I don't like the posts being stretched horizontally. I feel it puts alot of undo stress on the rear shock tower when the inevitable upside down landing happens. Just me.
Edit..
To answer your question that I forgot to.. it does feel a bit "springy" in the rear with stock Mojo exb springs. The front feels planted though. I haven't checked to see if Arrma offers a lighter rear spring for the Mojo though.
Mine is still sporting a hacked up kexb body at the moment.. it's basically a narrowed Kraton I guess🤷‍♂️ I really enjoy running it on track with half worn Mojo tires. It scoots!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back