Kraton Roll cage or no roll cage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLK83

$dirty hands-no money$
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Referring to the roll bar/cage that mounts on top of the center diff, is it essential or not? I understand it's intended purpose, but for the guys that run them, do they actually help? I've got a handful of other Arrmas, none of which have the roll bar, just got my first Kraton and was wondering if it's best to keep it or loose it?

Referring to the roll bar/cage that mounts on top of the center diff, is it essential or not? I understand it's intended purpose, but for the guys that run them, do they actually help? I've got a handful of other Arrmas, none of which have the roll bar, just got my first Kraton and was wondering if it's best to keep it or loose it?
I removed my cage. I'm mostly a ground pounder though, I don't do too much crazy jumping or flipping, so I don't really need it. I like the cleaner look without it.

I removed my cage. I'm mostly a ground pounder though, I don't do too much crazy jumping or flipping, so I don't really need it. I like the cleaner look without it.
I'm the opposite, mainly (too🤦‍♂️)big jumps and stupid s#!t, that's why I'm asking.. I'm always breaking/fixing/changing/upgrading and it looks like it's going to constantly be in the way, I know its q.d. so I can take it off quick, but I can see it becoming annoying... BUT, if it saves the body that well, i would consider keeping it🤔

I get rid of it too. If you buy a Proline basher armor body you will never have to buy another. It ain’t the prettiest but it will not break so you can save money on replacement bodies every 10-15 runs. No more reinforcing your body. Just bash the piss out of it and then set your nice body back on it . Had this one for well over a year

image.jpg

I'm wondering the same thing. The incoming used Kraton doesn't have one. Have the pieces in a big box of spares.

I like the clean look but, also know why it's there. Really don't want to trash numerous bodies. Might just add it until I know how it handles??

I get rid of it too. If you buy a Proline basher armor body you will never have to buy another. It ain’t the prettiest but it will not break so you can save money on replacement bodies every 10-15 runs. No more reinforcing your body. Just bash the piss out of it and then set your nice body back on it . Had this one for well over a year

View attachment 338972
You just settled that for me lol... I have that body on my Xmaxx, its definitely indestructible, didn't even think of that... I'll ditch the rollcage and get a Proline body, thanks!!!

If all you have is the stock body it helps a lot, Also i always put foam up there too. This was before I learned the value in an unbreakable body as mentioned above. Def the way to go on a basher. But if your not bashing a ton id say toss foam up top like I used to and stack it till it touches the roof.

20210306_040522.jpg

I would leave it on to save your body if doing any jumping anyway

I put zip ties around cage and body mount posts. It helps to reinforce the top of the body quite a bit. If I got a brute or unbreakable body I'd probably ditch the cage.

Screenshot_20231226_133244_Photos.jpg

i usually take mine off.. ive actually changed the kraton one for the outcast/notorious one cause i like the look better

I went with an unbreakable body but never took the cage out. It is NOT needed. I can remove the cage. Those bodies are not the best to look at. Damn, has it saved me money over the long time I've had it and the hits it has taken.

Thanks to all for the responses! That's part of the reason this big dysfunctional family is the best forum on the interwebs, endless knowledge and answers to pretty much anything... Happy New Year to all you guys!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back