Fireteam Did Arrma lose their minds when pricing Fireteam body/cage parts???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Holy crap is this for real? Looked for Fireteam body parts and it feels like they must be joking!

cage sides $29
inner cage supports $15
cage roof $13
cage front and rear $15
inner body $40
driver body parts lol $47
painted guard set $50
painted body panels $57

total $266!!!

This has to be one the biggest jokes I've ever seen in rc pricing! Hope my stock cage holds up because I won't be replacing any body/cage parts at those prices! I'll make the most of the stocker, after that its all truck bodies, lol!

Seriously $47 bucks for some doll arms/heads/guns/hands? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Now we know why those take off bodies sold so fast at $120 a pop!.......

I think that body and support system is what caused the high MSRP pricing to begin with, one of the heaviest 6S Arrma's and it came with BLX diffs. I mean, I have not heard of many diff issues (y) but still, head scratcher given the original price.

Last edited:
Holy crap is this for real? Looked for Fireteam body parts and it feels like they must be joking!

cage sides $29
inner cage supports $15
cage roof $13
cage front and rear $15
inner body $40
painted guard set $50
painted body panels $57

total $266!!!

This has to be one the biggest jokes I've ever seen in rc pricing! Hope my stock cage holds up because I won't be replacing any body/cage parts at those prices! I'll make the most of the stocker, after that its all truck bodies, lol!

Don't break anything.or at least try not to 🤣🤣🤣
Arrma promotes to break things .they literally say don't just bash blast them 🤣🤣🤣

Cage has held up so far, body panels are weak though. Weird the cage parts aren't as overpriced as the body panels. Looks like its time to make my own with polycarbonate & kydex.

Precisely why I got out of and don't miss the large scale scene. Steering servo..$200.00. Exhaust pipe $249.00. Full shell with cage...$229.00.. total money pit! Miss my track but not the Losi 5T. Never again...frankly I'm having just as much fun with our lil 3s typhons and have an RC buddy.

cage sides $29
inner cage supports $15
cage roof $13
cage front and rear $15
inner body $40
painted guard set $50
painted body panels $57

total $266!!!

Yeah, Arrma was completely overboard with their pricing. Over engineered for sure. But the cage is structural to the chassis nonetheless. FWIW. How it is designed to be at least. I get what they were trying to do.
And by design. They Felt is was a good cash cow to do this???:rolleyes: IDK.

This is the only way to buy the FT body. No way around it. JennysRC.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/fi...age-body-panels-and-guards-white-camo-ara7618
Precisely why I got out of and don't miss the large scale scene. Steering servo..$200.00. Exhaust pipe $249.00. Full shell with cage...$229.00.. total money pit! Miss my track but not the Losi 5T. Never again...frankly I'm having just as much fun with our lil 3s typhons and have an RC buddy.
Feel the same way about Larger scale stuff. Too much $$$. Little return.
You can own (3) 1/8 rigs for the price of one Large scale 1/5 platform. And 1/8 parts are 1/3 the price.
Is your cage falling apart? Mine has held up great. Body panels are super fragile though.
I also been lucky with my FT body. Surely reinforced it very much out the gate though . Extra screws and back nutted many screws too.
But the panels will shatter no matter what. I just use Gorilla tape here and there. Will run this body till it literally falls off. But honestly, I have not broke the Cage itself anywhere. What is most important anyway. The panels are mostly cosmetic up to a point. Some panels are structural. Like the ones that end up cracking apart. I could see using aluminum sheets to replace them.
I accept the the fact that the FT is a Heavy girl. And wont even bother lightening it up. She is a Fatty girl. I like them plump.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The world of RC often mimics the world of a real automobile: the sum of the cost of the individual parts far exceeds the cost of the assembled vehicle. And if you do find a low price on a particular RC part, the shipping cost often exceeds the cost of the part. We RC folks lose one way or the other.

Markup on RC parts has got to be huge: when I was in retail in the early to late seventies, the markup was generally around 100%. Today, with a lot of the parts coming from China, where labor and materials are less expensive, the markup has got to be more than 100%.

Last edited:
I actually like the looks of the FT.🤷‍♂️ The weight of the cage is what I didn't like.. and now the price as well. Same for the Mojo, love the looks but dang the weight!? I was considering replacing my mojo body until I saw the price.. retired it instead. Replaced by a Redcat body that weighs a fraction of the mojo body. Looks like.. eh, nevermind, I really don't care what they look like. They're just a blur when I'm looking at them anyways!!😉🍻

That's nothing. A Losi (owned by HH) DBXL body panel are $172, the cage is $103, and the screws for the cage and panels are $12 each. I need all of them the guy I bought the DBXL from hot glued all this stuff together. I can't stand it.

So sacrifices must be made.

As for Fireteam thank God for Jenny's
1683654000454.jpeg

Last edited:
the fireteam ain’t a great basher... its a kraton drivetrain but a lot heavier and longer. Unless they have secretly changed the materials of the diffs. If they came with exb open diffs it wouldn’t be an issue but buggy style diffs in a muggy Style rc doesn't go well in my book. Hope they make a v6 who just phases out the RTR diffs. These things do not deserve to exist now that the exb diff exists. Only complain with the exb diff when open is the plate behind the spider gears has holes in it and might have Extremely minimal LSD effect. But i think it is negligible. You want a mojave kraton just make it urself With all the aftermarket available and you wont be ruining urself over that stupid Fragile expensive body. Arrma is truly missing the point on their latests releases. Make something interesting and appealing for ur costumer base let the aftermarket do the rest. The fireteam appealed to nobody until it went into a 30% sale. I would have bought one just to make profit In parts and keep some stuff. i might know whats happening with arrma but i rather not mention it

I actually like the looks of the FT.🤷‍♂️ The weight of the cage is what I didn't like.. and now the price as well. Same for the Mojo, love the looks but dang the weight!? I was considering replacing my mojo body until I saw the price.. retired it instead. Replaced by a Redcat body that weighs a fraction of the mojo body. Looks like.. eh, nevermind, I really don't care what they look like. They're just a blur when I'm looking at them anyways!!😉🍻
Yeah the looks do grab me. What makes the FT so different than all my other 6s Arrma's.
Lets face it guys, this hobby is a luxury. Luxury will always = Expensive. The whole industry knows this and prices their stuff accordingly as a "Luxury". I am not talking about Toy RC's. The BS ones that are cheap , break them and toss them in the garbage. One break and done RC's , are just toys. Not hobby grade.

I think the FT is pretty cool too.

I don't think many are having any diff problems. Perhaps the BLX diffs are a bit tougher now. No issues with my BLX Kraton Diff's either.

Don't get me started on pre-stripped plastic threads though.. I am hoping that becomes a thing of the past real quick :cool:

Yeah the looks do grab me. What makes the FT so different than all my other 6s Arrma's.
Lets face it guys, this hobby is a luxury. Luxury will always = Expensive. The whole industry knows this and prices their stuff accordingly as a "Luxury". I am not talking about Toy RC's. The BS ones that are cheap , break them and toss them in the garbage. One break and done RC's , are just toys. Not hobby grade.
Yep.."recreational" always costs more.. I remember pricing out tie rod ends for a snowmobile a few years back, found them from an idustrial supplier for industrial machinery at a fraction of the snowmobile parts suppliers price..😉
I think the FT is pretty cool too.

I don't think many are having any diff problems. Perhaps the BLX diffs are a bit tougher now. No issues with my BLX Kraton Diff's either.

Don't get me started on pre-stripped plastic threads though.. I am hoping that becomes a thing of the past real quick :cool:
It's all in how they're used I think. BLX diffs have been fine for my brother's rtr's. I only went EXB cuz I thought I needed it. There's definitely some worthwhile parts in the exb's like diffs and chassis braces. Next time I'll likely go rtr, but not exb rtr.. might as well buy a kit from a racing company like Tekno over exb rtr prices.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back