Did m2c fudge this up? Can I still use them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaboyhamz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
Were these screw holes machined the wrong way?

Bought O8 beefcake. Checked the 3 sons RC install and my Kraton beefcake. These small brace bars won’t accept the screws the proper way. But when I flip it around and put when I hand tighten the screws from the top they go in properly.

Did m2c just mess this up? Don’t really want to deal with the whole pay for shipping to return deal. Can I flip them upside down? I know they have less surface area due to the bevel. Thanks

IMG_1133.jpeg

Were these screw holes machined the wrong way?

Bought O8 beefcake. Checked the 3 sons RC install and my Kraton beefcake. These small brace bars won’t accept the screws the proper way. But when I flip it around and put when I hand tighten the screws from the top they go in properly.

Did m2c just mess this up? Don’t really want to deal with the whole pay for shipping to return deal. Can I flip them upside down? I know they have less surface area due to the bevel. Thanks

View attachment 336631
Interesting enough it looks like in your picture those chassis stiffeners are bevel down. I see the shadow along the edges. Wonder if that is due to the narrow area on the rear of the mid section plate.

Maybe I am not seeing that correctly though.

Interesting enough it looks like in your picture those chassis stiffeners are bevel down. I see the shadow along the edges. Wonder if that is due to the narrow area on the rear of the mid section plate.
might be the laptop screen quality, in the video and in my kraton 8s the screws go from the other side,

I think I was looking at the wrong piece, is that the brace that runs along outer sides of the chassis? (not the ones with the nuts in them). The brace you are holding actually looks a bit different than what's the video.

I wonder if the threads are incomplete or need a little clean up from a tap. Will the screw thread in from either side of that piece just holding it in your hand? Threads look good all the way through the brace? Do you notice the screw getting tighter as it works its way through the bottom side of the brace?

Could also reach out to M2C as well and see what they say.

Last edited:
Man m2c quality really is dropping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back