Can I save this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xglide06

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Bent the chassis good on 8s kraton. Can I salvage this or just get a new one? Bent a hinge pin, need a new A arm and a some other odds and ends. Managed to get it somewhat strait.
EA863F45-65CE-41C1-BE69-2B136A9125C0.jpeg

B1D5EDB5-C664-4547-9FB5-B42724C2F852.jpeg

I'm sorry to say looks like its time for another chassis. Even if you get it bent back it will have stretched some what and things wont line up right. If some how that's not a problem then you have compromised that part of the metal and it will fail there again with less force then that last time.

I would probably order a new M2c or insert brand here. Then try to make that one match the new one the best I can see how well it matches then maybe keep it as a last resort back up.

Bent the chassis good on 8s kraton. Can I salvage this or just get a new one? Bent a hinge pin, need a new A arm and a some other odds and ends. Managed to get it somewhat strait. View attachment 281134

View attachment 281135
Oof, you got that one pretty good.

I have bent worse back into shape... You will need to remove more of the components and get a good surface and tools to work with.

Problem is, once it has bent it will likely cave a lot easier the next time.

Check out JennysRC.com, solid business with decent pricing for stock replacements.

There are a lot of aftermarket chassis out there too, M2C, Justbashit, BulletproofRC if you are looking for more strength. They are $$ though.

Last edited:
That's exactly what my outcast 8s chassis looked like after I nose dived the concrete. Sucks but you should just spend the money now on an upgraded chassis and have some piece of mind.

Thank you for the replies. I got the other parts I needed today and everything went back together until I tried to mount the bumper/skid plate. Chassis is too bent and twisted. Really don’t want to dump $250+ into a chassis right now. Wish Jenny’s had them in stock. For $44 you can’t beat it. LHS is 114. But need to get it back up and running.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back