Outcast Diff/gear noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
When I push throttle medium it comes and it’s not pinion or spur.

800kv 39:39 Max5

Just appeared during light flat surface running so I got a bit surprised but I guess it could be wear and tear on some part.

Is it usually the center diff?

Usually the rear diff goes first. Or at least the odds say so, Then check the front. Unless you can obviously notice where the noise is.
Need to check the diff(s) rotation action by hand to observe any gear chatter.
Diff action by hand should "feel smooth' and fairly noise free.
Does it also happen when braking hard?
Might simply be due for a rebuild , possibly all 3 diffs while you are in there.
How many total packs have you run ?

>>>>And did you ever open and Check all your diffs for Oil level and proper Shimming. BEFORE you ever ran it out the box?
Failing to do this, usually ends up with premature diff failure from my experience.

Last edited:
I bought it used so no idea but it’s been working good with over 10 packs hard running.

When a 8s diff break is it usually the visible outer ring gears or the inside hidden gears?

I bought it used so no idea but it’s been working good with over 10 packs hard running.

When a 8s diff break is it usually the visible outer ring gears or the inside hidden gears?
With any diff... its going to be hidden damage, usually, You will need to extract the differentials and look inside..

Opened and checked rear and front they seem fine, kind of hoping it’s the center now and not some kind mystery.

If I have the in the air and max throttle it I get no (drive train noise) it’s when it’s on the ground.

Last edited:
Your pinion mesh may be a little loose. Mine did that one time and made a popping sound when I first got on the throttle.

Found it in center diff, look at picture.

Now once fixed what should I fill it with?
Don’t want anything destroying drive train to early.

Seem to be part: ARA310914

IMG_4448.jpeg

EDIT 20240129: changed the gears in center diff and 20 mil, everything works good again.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back