Outcast Vitavon diff gears and gear cups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I’ve tried several times to build my diffs using alt vitavon parts . For some reason they come out crunchy feeling like they are too tight.
I thought maybe some break in needed to happen cause they are built using no shims and should be loose. I ran them a they just locked rear wheels into positive traction. Anyone know how to build vitavon diffs?

Any update on this? There should have been shims that came with the gears and the diff cases. Did you not get these?
I got shims but they didn’t help the fit. If you measure the thickness of the sun gears you find that the stock are about a mm or 2 taller than the Vitavon. To me it looks like if the supplied shims were cut out in the middle enough to allow the pins to go through the middle then you could stack them to raise the sun gear up. Maybe . I finally gave up and put stock gears in the Vitavon cups. So far they’ve held up good. I have 3 full sets of Vitavon diff. gears $120 worth that I can’t use. Everything else Vitavon has been top notch. It’s possible I’m doing something wrong but I can’t figure out what.

I got shims but they didn’t help the fit. If you measure the thickness of the sun gears you find that the stock are about a mm or 2 taller than the Vitavon. To me it looks like if the supplied shims were cut out in the middle enough to allow the pins to go through the middle then you could stack them to raise the sun gear up. Maybe . I finally gave up and put stock gears in the Vitavon cups. So far they’ve held up good. I have 3 full sets of Vitavon diff. gears $120 worth that I can’t use. Everything else Vitavon has been top notch. It’s possible I’m doing something wrong but I can’t figure out what.
I only have one run on the new gears front and rear. They seemed to hold up fine, but for how long I’m not sure. I have high hopes for the assembly, but already scarred one diff with the input gear (I think) and it’s not because I over shimmed my input gear since there was still play in it when this happened. I’m just gonna run it and see what happens. Too much fiddling with the front and rear diffs lately - I just wanna drive it! I must have taken the diffs out and reassembled 3-4 times in like two weeks just to check on things.
IMG_0698.png

I only have one run on the new gears front and rear. They seemed to hold up fine, but for how long I’m not sure. I have high hopes for the assembly, but already scarred one diff with the input gear (I think) and it’s not because I over shimmed my input gear since there was still play in it when this happened. I’m just gonna run it and see what happens. Too much fiddling with the front and rear diffs lately - I just wanna drive it! I must have taken the diffs out and reassembled 3-4 times in like two weeks just to check on things. View attachment 354558
I did the same exact thing until I put new stock gears inside the Vitavon diff cups. The Arrma aluminum diff cups don’t have the little ears that stick in the gear so they kept working the screws out. I also found it helps a lot to build the diffs and let them sit for several days to let the lock tight dry. I now have two sets. If the Vitavon go bad I’ll try the hot racing 😁

Back