Outcast Clicking noise. Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleDizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
My outcast is making this gnarly clicking sound. It’s coming from the middle transmission or the pinion and spur area. Was wondering if anybody recognizes it and has a good idea what the cause may be. Let me know if you guys need more information for your diagnosis. Thank you in advance. You guys haven’t let me down yet

My outcast is making this gnarly clicking sound. It’s coming from the middle transmission or the pinion and spur area. Was wondering if anybody recognizes it and has a good idea what the cause may be. Let me know if you guys need more information for your diagnosis. Thank you in advance. You guys haven’t let me down yet

Sounds like gears for sure and if it's coming from that area, you probably right. Take it apart an look at it. Check the manual for instruction on changing the spur. If you need to get into the diff behind it check the parts diagram to see how it comes apart.
1695952502820.png

If it's the pinion, it looks like just removing the plastic cover will let you see it.

If you need to remove the motor, make sure you use some heat on the motor screws, or any screws in aluminum. Arrma has thing for thread lock. The heat breaks it down and loosens up. It shouldn't take a ton of force to remove them. Just be careful of the plastics around there.

Thank you for tge help. I had a center transmission I purchased from Jenny’s awhile back. So I swapped it out and that seems to have fixed the problem. I haven’t even taken a look at the old one yet to see what the cause was

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back