Outcast DIFF ISSUES?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMCOREYUSN

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 8s outcast last sunday hasn't even been a week and the rear diff already blew out? Never had issues like that on my 6s kraton. I just drive it around my street and yard and it doesn't even get beat on hard. I've flipped it over just turning to hard but I've barely even jumped it more than a few feet since it don't have a ramp big enough either lol. Getting off topic but should I use warranty or just upgrade to something more beefy since I barely even abused it compared to my 6s. If going the upgrade route please send links.

Have you pulled it apart? Generally the ring and pinion are close to bulletproof. The stock plastic diff case will split or shear the screws off especially in the rear where most of the power goes. Buy a vitavon diff case and bash on.

Last edited:
I send my outcast and have never had a single diff issue so your situation is definitely weird if you're just driving around the street. Have you actually check the diff yet?

I send my outcast and have never had a single diff issue so your situation is definitely weird if you're just driving around the street. Have you actually check the diff yet?
I just pulled the rear and it's completely fine. I must of miss heard the noise but looks like it's coming from my center diff. I wonder if something was loose from factory maybe? I will pull that apart tomorrow after work and look inside. I just ordered a aluminum rear case to from hot racing lol oh well guess it's gonna go in when it gets here.

I must of miss heard the noise but looks like it's coming from my center diff. I wonder if something was loose from factory maybe?
The 8s trucks are just noisy. The big gears banging around sound like bells to me sometimes. 🤷‍♂️

My K8 EXBv2 shed teeth from two of the four gears in the rear diff last month. That was when driving on-road, no jumps.

Strange. As you said, my K6 has never had this problem and that has had more abuse.

The 8s trucks are just noisy. The big gears banging around sound like bells to me sometimes. 🤷‍♂️
Yea I knew they were noisy but I have no power at all car started getting really loud before it sounded like it was grinding. It will only move if I ease power into it then it catches. I pulled rear diff and gears are completely fine so my next suspect is the center diff. The gears on the motor and outside looked fine so my guess it's the internals stripped. My guess something lose or not properly shimmed caused it to get eaten up. No biggie because my kids will watch me tear it down and fix it so they can learn trouble shooting. Sucks that I am losing driving time but good for my kids to learn something along the way though.

I like trouble shooting. Check each wheel to see if it spins freely. Spin both wheel front and then the back. If something is wrong most of the time you will feel it or use the force. I do this to help isolate the problem.

I like trouble shooting. Check each wheel to see if it spins freely. Spin both wheel front and then the back. If something is wrong most of the time you will feel it or use the force. I do this to help isolate the problem.

I ordered a aluminum diff cover since I am already gonna tear into so might as well upgrade while iam in there to lol

I pulled out the center diff and the screws were practically about to fall out they were so loose. The internals were starting to grind away a little but not bad but they weren't making good contact. The diff fluid was practically non existent also. Will throw in diff fluid lock tight it back up when the new diff cover comes

Back