Kraton Diff problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you have RC experience for sure. 1/8 scale Diff'ed rigs however can require a learning curve no doubt. And Arrma diffs are notorious for always needing much attention. They are far from the best out there ...unlike like Mugen, AE Losi, Kyosho or Tekno diffs. I noticed this once I got all into The 6s Arrma rigs. I always feel like a slave to these Arrma diffs. Is what it is.
I only use MugenSeiki shim kits out the box with all my Arrma "Open" diffs for starters. And I stay away from the EXB LSD diffs as well.
Running 60k/500k/30k in most of my rigs. FWIW. I have it where I am comfortable with their durability now. I can easily get 20+ and way more runs on my diffs now without failure. I will rebuild them before they fail. I get more life out of them this way.
Like I said earlier, Best to replace Main and Input gears together as a set. No not cheap I know, but just replacing one and not the other will ruin both again sooner than later. That's a personal call there.

How you drive can also brick the diffs. Landing/crashing hard "On Throttle" under load ruins these diffs easily.
I like to think I'm a decent driver. I never land under throttle or break hard after landing.

I really appreciate all the help tour trying to give! I guess I'm gonna year it all back down today and just go thru everything again. I have to had missed something somewhere! The front diff turns freely until I put it back in the truck then it acts like something is too tight. Idk I'm not an expert but I'm not a noob either I've never had these issues before. This is my first rc with this many diffs lol. Always been 10th scale before now

I don't believe it is no! But I swear it sounds and acts like the teeth are just gone on the input
I figured it out man! It was so obvious too! Apparently the screw holes are stripping out on the case so the cover won't get snug down like it should. The diff shifts just enough to cause the input to slip .

I figured it out man! It was so obvious too! Apparently the screw holes are stripping out on the case so the cover won't get snug down like it should. The diff shifts just enough to cause the input to slip .
You mentioned the bulkhead cover being loose too. Those 2 things are bad. I've used terminal cleaner with a straw to shoot into the diff cup cover/ring gear screw holes to clean them out. If the plastic ones are stripped look into getting metal diff cups. Also metal bulkheads. I feel like those things are a must for a "basher" 😎

You mentioned the bulkhead cover being loose too. Those 2 things are bad. I've used terminal cleaner with a straw to shoot into the diff cup cover/ring gear screw holes to clean them out. If the plastic ones are stripped look into getting metal diff cups. Also metal bulkheads. I feel like those things are a must for a "basher" 😎
I agree. I'm geting the HR aluminum diff housings

Glad to hear you found the problem.. I know many use the HR bulkheads. Seems like a good choice. TBH, I run stock, never had a problem. If it stripped, well, someone stripped it. Maybe from factory, it happens..
Best of luck bud. Share a running vid once you get it turned around.😎👍🍻

Glad to hear you found the problem.. I know many use the HR bulkheads. Seems like a good choice. TBH, I run stock, never had a problem. If it stripped, well, someone stripped it. Maybe from factory, it happens..
Yes too lol. I have the new gear box arriving today. I did go back with stock because money's a little tight. I sure will share some footage.

VideoCapture_20230405-203446.jpg

a little sample of my confined run area.
Yes too lol. I have the new gear box arriving today. I did go back with stock because money's a little tight. I sure will share some footage.

VideoCapture_20230405-203446.jpg

This was supposed to be an actual video lol. I'll figure it out lol

Attachments

• 20230226_204933.jpg
    20230226_204933.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

View attachment 291791

It doesn't seem to want to upload the video. Do I need to do the YouTube thing again I guess
Video footage?
@chrisdozier
YouTube.com a little backyard fun

Last edited:
A little backyard fun
Backyard fun
YouTube.com! Why isn't this working Backyard funYouTube.com
Idk I'm by no means tech savvy

View attachment 291791

Thats enough to cause some slippage isn't it??

Attachments

• 20230410_114356.jpg
    20230410_114356.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
There you are..
https://youtube.com/@chrisdozier2046
You got a sub from me bro!😎

Yep, that's sure enough to allow the diff to move away from the pinion and make that god awful sound!! Hope to never hear that again!!😳😖😂
Hahaha thanks man! I'm just glad it worked. And super glad to have finally figured it out. And for only 11 bucks too. Guess that means I didn't need to buy all those new diffs. Got spares now tho 😂

Regarding above, seems you are referring to the EXB LSD diff. And you said you only had it at the center.....:unsure:
And you are more focused on the fornt diff which is a standard an"Open" diff?
LSD and Open diffs are assembled completely different with differnt parts. Different animals altogether. Not sure where you are going with this thread.:unsure:
:cool:
Could very well be a bricked LSD center diff.... Good luck. Video looks like it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back