Typhon Diff lockers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo fortune

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Can u run diff lockers in all 3 diffs for speed runs ,or spool in the middle diff lockers front and rear? Any feed back would be grateful,

Scorched RC makes a beautifully machined unit. Pricey but they deal in aviation and aerospace components so you know the quality is well above over most RC companies.

No. I’m not affiliated with them. Just an admirer.

You can do anything. I'd ask what you're hoping to accomplish with that kind of setup (aside from the turning radius of a small moon). If all you're looking to do is drive in straight lines, that should do the trick. If you still want to be able to corner...might want to give it a second thought. @MrTitanium is right about Scorched RC though. Beautifully machined parts. (y)

I don't think it's absolutely necessary. There are many other ways to accomplish this. I had a setup where it was locked (3×) & was a complete BEAR to turn around. Hopefully this helps?
A car with diff lockers front and rear gives you a sense of what it must feel like to drive Ceausescu's palace, if it had wheels.
1708661817788.png

You can do anything. I'd ask what you're hoping to accomplish with that kind of setup (aside from the turning radius of a small moon). If all you're looking to do is drive in straight lines, that should do the trick. If you still want to be able to corner...might want to give it a second thought. @MrTitanium is right about Scorched RC though. Beautifully machined parts. (y)

So maybe spool in middle, lock diff rear,500 k in front ,will i have some steering ?

I have a centre spool ,scorched,and scorched diff locker ,so maybe diff in front ,maybe 500k,

So maybe spool in middle, lock diff rear,500 k in front ,will i have some steering ?

I have a centre spool ,scorched,and scorched diff locker ,so maybe diff in front ,maybe 500k,
Well, you'll always have some steering. The question is, will it have sufficient steering responsiveness for your use case and driving style. There's really only one way to find out. Everyone is different and what works for one guy won't necessarily work for someone else. Experimenting with different setups to find one that feels right to you specifically is part of the fun so best just to try it out (especially if you already have the bits on hand).

If you're asking for my advice, I would proceed incrementally. Change one bit and then test (dropping in a spool and leaving the front and rear diffs as is for example). In the next iteration you can either go back to diff in the middle and lock either the front or rear diff or proceed in cascading branches by first testing the spool with a locked diff in the front, then locked diff in the back, then both locked, etc. Or, go to the extreme first with a spool and both diffs locked and then back them off incrementally (basically the same thing as above, just in reverse order) until you find a combination that handles to your liking. The latter method would have the benefit of you getting the chance right up front to see how much of a piece of drift wood the car becomes with locked diffs and why that might not be desirable. Or maybe you'll find that that's exactly what you were looking for. Who knows.

When I bought my VTE, it came fully kitted out with a carbon fiber chassis, Ti drive shafts (among other bits) and also had diff lockers installed front and rear and a spool in the middle. I had never driven with diff lockers so I was curious to at least test them out (the original diffs were included so I had options). It's worth mentioning that I'm a speed runner and that's what these bits are supposed to be good for. To say that I hated how the car drove would be an understatement. The car feels like it's made out of 100% wood. So in went the diffs and though I was inclined to use heavier diff grease (I had been running 200k in the front and 500k in the rear of my Infraction) I decided to start with 10k front and rear and then see how it got on. Much to my surprise I left the 10k in the front and only swapped 30k in back and the car drove beautifully. Job done.

Back