Do Proline bodies hold up better than stock Granite body in the rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Bear

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Does anybody have info on the durability of a Proline body on a Granite? I'm interested to find out if the back of the bed holds up better than the original body did. It only took a couple of weeks to destroy this one. I hate to spend $40 on a new body to have it do the same thing.

No experience with the Proline bodies, but I don't see how they could be much better than the stock body.

The real solution is to add a rear wing on the Granite.

No experience with the Proline bodies, but I don't see how they could be much better than the stock body.

The real solution is to add a rear wing on the Granite.
Agreed ,

I have a few proline bodies , they last on my car as I have the rear wing installed , as soon as I pass it down to my son who has no rear wing they get beaten up , but strengthening the body with drywall tape and shoe goo or something similar extends the life by quite a lot.

Agreed ,

I have a few proline bodies , they last on my car as I have the rear wing installed , as soon as I pass it down to my son who has no rear wing they get beaten up , but strengthening the body with drywall tape and shoe goo or something similar extends the life by quite a lot.
Where can you get a rear wing? I assume it's from something else that you have to mod to fit the Granite

Here’s a good vid that explains the process with all the part numbers in the description. You will also have to mod the body slightly

Thanks Vader. I found another video too. Between the two of them I should be good to go. Now I just need to wait for the parts to come off backorder :-(

Your welcome,

hopefully they come back in stock soon

here’s a pic of my car with the a proline body and the wing installed.
8C5FE452-E9D7-4735-8814-038E16A30182.jpeg

my proline body was holding up a lot better than stock it depends on the surface you run on mine was all asphalt but would last longer if i was on grass and didnt land on the roof a lot lol but needs the rear wing

That's cool Vader nice job! I think it looks really cool with the wing. That video Dave posted pretty much shows it all. ANY body can be trashed depending on where and how you drive it. Sadly there are no soft landings in the desert. I've ordered the parts but I won't be able to get it done until April due to backorders. In the mean time it can't look any worse than it does now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back