Does anyone make a 3D printed chassis brace for the K4sv2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
I just bought an Ender 5 Plus and would like to see if I can make something to help make the chassis stronger. Any help would be appreciated.

I like the build, all 9 pgs. of it, but how is it a 3D printer project.

I would just buy a bash bar, don’t think those *budget home printers have the capability of doing the strong and tough Polycarbonate/acrylonitrile butadiene styrene like I use in manufacturing to simulate alloy for testing FFF.

Last edited:
I'm into 3d printing parts for the K4V2 as well, but even the tougher materials like PETG/ABS/PLA+ aren't going to be strong enough to act as a chassis brace when you need it most - I think M2C Racing machined aluminum (or is it steel?) would be a better bet if you're really sending it.

That being said a bumper, wing mount, etc those things may be better suited to being 3d printed.

I already have the M2C chassis brace on one of my little Kraton, but the other one is naked and I was thinking about making one, it doesn’t need much. Just needs a little extra support. The skids on the roof have taken a beating and held up well. I don’t see why a chassis brace wouldn’t hold up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Let’s not call it a chassis brace. Let’s call it a skid plate.

Ahh well a skid plate is a different story. I can give it a shot and try to flex my Fusion360 skills.

Are you looking to mimic the shape/size of the chassis brace? Or something closer to the front? I see you have the same problem I have, with the front bumper starting to crack near the front.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 6.47.44 PM.png

Something like the M2C chassis brace would be great. I know it’s hard to tell that the lower skid plate and bumper or two separate pieces, so it’s not broken / cracked on the outside it just looks like that. I thought it was cracked as well, but I had to take it apart to replace the chassis. That’s how I found out.

Last edited:
One little fly in the ointment that just hit me - even if I can design this thing, I’m fairly certain it won’t fit my print bed. Out of curiosity, what’s the length and width of the M2C if you’ve got some calipers on hand?

Well I just measured it it’s one and 7/8 wide and 12 5/8 long

Well I just measured it it’s one and 7/8 wide and 12 5/8 long
Oh snap! That’ll be too big for my print bed no doubt. @Tex Koder that something your print bed can handle? I’d still like to give it a shot but I definitely can’t print that size unfortunately. And it’ll have to be one long piece.

This is the advertised XYZ for the ender 5 plus 350x350x400 so I think it might just be big enough. If I can get the file from you to put in the machine I might be able to run just the bottom part and see.
My printer will be here Saturday.

IMG_0343.png

Oh snap! That’ll be too big for my print bed no doubt. @Tex Koder that something your print bed can handle? I’d still like to give it a shot but I definitely can’t print that size unfortunately. And it’ll have to be one long piece.

Someone called my name?

I can do 400mm x 400mm

Just PM me and we'll figure out the logistics.

Given a little more time I can make a much more accurate drawing and post it. maybe to night.
I can't Wait to get my new machine. Hopefully it works well. Do you have any advice?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back