Dogbone pins heating up due to Friction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

httuner

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton Mega
  4. Typhon TLR
As you can see in this Photo; my Dogbones seems to get really hot; they turned blue. This is on my Typhon; I think its due to the angle at which these dog bones are at considering the motor mount is offset a bit.

I've been using PTFE Dry lube but it only helps so much; I feel long term it'll cause excessive wear. Anyone have a solution to this? Other than re-drilling chassis and trying to center the motor mount (Takes away space for my batteries though)

Maybe I'm over thinking it lol

Untitled.jpg

Personally I wouldn’t worry about that.
I also wouldn’t lubricate the drivetrain. I once did that to the pinion and spur to try to make it quieter. Didn’t take long. before the gears were completely chewed off. Even dry lube attracts a little dirt which will start to grind.

Personally I wouldn’t worry about that.
I also wouldn’t lubricate the drivetrain. I once did that to the pinion and spur to try to make it quieter. Didn’t take long. before the gears were completely chewed off. Even dry lube attracts a little dirt which will start to grind.
i would agree ive done it to

As you can see in this Photo; my Dogbones seems to get really hot; they turned blue. This is on my Typhon; I think its due to the angle at which these dog bones are at considering the motor mount is offset a bit.

I've been using PTFE Dry lube but it only helps so much; I feel long term it'll cause excessive wear. Anyone have a solution to this? Other than re-drilling chassis and trying to center the motor mount (Takes away space for my batteries though)

Maybe I'm over thinking it lol

View attachment 298902
I agree with the others. Let it ride...

But I would make hell of sure that nothing is binding. Hubs display not binding or melting due to a locked bearing, bearings are good not locked or catching no crunchy sounds to them, rolls with no resistance (might have to disconnect some stuff), diff bearings and input bearings are good.

Once I am confident of all that....bash on!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back