Senton Drooling over rock racers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguywnewtoy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I'm looking at rock racers and thinking of getting one. Anyone have any opinions on Axial Bomber or Redcat Wendigo? I know a couple of you guys aren't too fond of Redcat, but they seem to be upping their game lately. Any other choices I should be considering?

I’ve got a Wendigo and it a great little truck, it’s got a Castle Mamba X any 1410 3800kv motor on 3s in it and it’s a handful, I’ve sorted the handling by running shorter shocks and stiffer rear sway bar ?

I added a Reefs servo winch a few days ago for a bit fun, it’s a crazy and will dead lift the truck with ease

I’ve got a Wendigo and it a great little truck, it’s got a Castle Mamba X any 1410 3800kv motor on 3s in it and it’s a handful, I’ve sorted the handling by running shorter shocks and stiffer rear sway bar ?

I added a Reefs servo winch a few days ago for a bit fun, it’s a crazy and will dead lift the truck with ease

Did the kit version come with beadlocks, or did you add those?

If you go for one price in upgrade steel transmission gears and the alloy transfer case shaft, if left stock they will break sooner rather than later with a decent brushless combo. A few people have also complained about snapping diff pinion shafts, but its down to the pinion angle on the axle which isn’t great, but fitting the upper links on the outside positions and running shorter shocks sorts this out (y)

If you go for one price in upgrade steel transmission gears and the alloy transfer case shaft, if left stock they will break sooner rather than later with a decent brushless combo. A few people have also complained about snapping diff pinion shafts, but its down to the pinion angle on the axle which isn’t great, but fitting the upper links on the outside positions and running shorter shocks sorts this out (y)
Thanks for the tips. I'm thinking about going with the RTR version cause I only have a Senton right now and that way I would have 2 TX's so I can talk my wife into racing with me. I do have that STX2 that came with the Senton, but I was hoping to never have to use it:rolleyes:

For what it's worth, my experience with Redcat has been great. I found their $160 Everest 10 to be a massive value. The quality is much higher than I expected and I've been surprised at how well it performs. I thought it would be a stepping stone to an expensive truck but I haven't moved on yet.

I agree, I have two Redcat crawlers. The Everest 10 and the Gen 7 which is highly modified but out of the box they were both awesome.

Thanks guy's. I think I'll go with the Redcat RTR and upgrade as needed. Not into crawlers yet, but who knows. I like the speed of the Arrma's, but also like the scale looks of the crawlers. So this may be a nice compromise.

Thanks guy's. I think I'll go with the Redcat RTR and upgrade as needed. Not into crawlers yet, but who knows. I like the speed of the Arrma's, but also like the scale looks of the crawlers. So this may be a nice compromise.
my camox4 is forsale cheap

I like the speed of the Arrma's, but also like the scale looks of the crawlers. So this may be a nice compromise.
There are some brands that you can have bit of both?.
I‘ve put a 16t in my buggy yesterday, stock is a 12t. I only ran it on 4s, but the electronics allow up to 6s.
According to the speed calculator it now should go from 52 to 69 km/h (with 4s). Was thinking to do the Desert Racer name a bit more justice. Been raining a lot so not sure how it performs were I bash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back