Dual fan install ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerv1958

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
When installing dual cooling fan do you have to use a splitter or can you use the aux and battery port on the receiver ? And can you make your own splitter if you have the ability and want to ?

When installing dual cooling fan do you have to use a splitter or can you use the aux and battery port on the receiver ? And can you make your own splitter if you have the ability and want to ?
You don't have to use a splitter, but by doing so you are only running 1 wire to the receiver or if the esc has a fan plug, to that. I use splitters on most of mine. You can just run them individually to the receiver and plug each one into one of the open ports.

You don't have to use a splitter, but by doing so you are only running 1 wire to the receiver or if the esc has a fan plug, to that. I use splitters on most of mine. You can just run them individually to the receiver and plug each one into one of the open ports.
Thank you !
Is there one particular type or are there different applications for different receivers ?

Last edited:
A splitter is ok when you are limited on ports on your receiver.👍

Is there one particular type or are there different applications for different receivers ?
Most receivers use the Futaba style plugs, and JST style connectors on the fan ends.

1683465758589.png

I'm in hot Florida. Expecting 2 of these today for my typhons. Can't risk over heating.

View attachment 297997
I'm in hot Florida. Expecting 2 of these today for my typhons. Can't risk over heating.
I think those are too small.🤔
If ya take a ride down here to Rhode island we got some chicks on broad st.providence that blow stronger than them tiny fans 🤣🤣

I use 3s and sometimes 4s connectors directly to a small lipo. More powa.

Y-splitter is fine but make sure you do not overload the BEC. No matter where you plug in, the servo is your main drain (3-4A) and you only have ~ 1-1.5A for accessories on a 5A BEC. Also, don't increase the voltage if it damages the fans or the servo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back