Dual protocol receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaynor

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Vendetta
Are dual protocol receivers like the SR315 able to use one protocol as the primary and the second protocol as a fall back?

No.

SR315 Supports Spektrum DSMR/DSM2 2.4Ghz Protocol and SLT FHSS 2.4Ghz Protocol.
Depending on the Spektrum Tx in hand, the Radio will only support one protocol once bound with the Radio.
DSMR being the high end protocol found on their Better Upgrade Retail Radios. Providing best 5.5 ms Frame rates. Much quicker Input Response times. You will feel much better connected with your RC model. No perceivable Lag is felt.
SLT FHSS protocol is only used with their cheapest RTR SLT radio. I find that these suck, having poor Frame rates and poor range. The bottom Tier protocol.

>>>If looking to upgrade your radio, consider getting a Multimodel Radiolink RC4GS or RC6GS. Way better performance and for the $$ spent. Very very long range. Great frame rates as well. Rx's are fairly inexpensive as well. Unlike all the $Spektrum Rx's$.
I avoid the Spektrum brand Tx's/Rx's altogether now. Been there, with just about every Spektrum RTR kit Tx and their DX5C Tx. I don't need or want all that Smart Spektrum fluff(n)

:cool:

Last edited:
No.

SR315 Supports Spektrum DSMR/DSM2 2.4Ghz Protocol and SLT FHSS 2.4Ghz Protocol.
Depending on the Spektrum upgrade in hand radio will only support one protocol once bound with the Radio.
DSMR being the high end protocol found on their Better Upgrade Retail Radios. Providing best 5.5 ms Frame rates. Much quicker Input Response times. You will feel much better connected with your RC model. No lag is felt.
SLT FHSS protocol is only used with their cheaper RTR SLT radio. I find that these suck. having poor Frame rates.
Do you have a transmitter recommendation for DSMR/DSM2 support if money wasn’t a factor?

The DX5C, if anything, and not the Pro or the Rugged DX5. Def Not worth the $$$.
I don't know how many models you plan on running with one radio, if you are at all. But they have sold the DX5C alone at one time for around $100. give or take. If you want AVC/Telem capability, plan on spending about another $80-$100. just for that Receiver purchased alone.. (Ouch). Just giving you some future scenarios.
Spektrum is not all that. Just me. Others will also agree. And their AVC sucks while being very finicky to setup.
Radiolink radios have a Gyro and Telem feature if you need that.
Not sure what is motivating your decision there.
Best of luck.

Last edited:
I agree totally with SrC: there are a lot better options than Spektrum transmitter and receivers. I have the Radiolink RC6GS V2, which supports ten vehicles. The V3 version can support up to 30 different vehicles at less than $90 for the 6-channel transmitter with 7-channel receiver. Additional receivers with gyros are less than $20. A SR315 goes for nearly $52. And the RC6GS has three times the range of Spektrum radios.

As @SrC stated. I'd drop DSMx, go get Radioling, much cheaper for multi setups and a lot better with respect to timing and range on top of the lower cost.

Spektrum (DSM) shut down the knock-offs and those that had the dual capability a while back as its a licensed product.
You might find some stuff on Aliexpress but haven't looked in a while.

+1
I am not specifically pushing Radiolink, but they surely have a better product than Spektrum IMHO. And the Price point is very doable. There are others out there.
This radio is future proof and being just one of them out there. And a very popular one that won't break the bank. RL has the absolute best Range out the box of most any Radio set out there right now. I got specifically for my Limitless for speed running. It's now used for most of my models. My NB4 gets the rest of them.
And RL is also on top of their F/W update Revisions when need be.
Sometimes even adding more features.(y)
Aside from my DX5C, I also have a Noble NB4, and Radiolink to compare them. My DX5C is now just for some of my older Vintage Models here. Not my Primary Radio. It sits on the shelf for the most part now.
I regret buying the DX5C and several of their Rx's in retrospect. A waste of my RC coin.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back