Single 4s or dual 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miata_meistro

I 💖Truggies
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Talion
So im getting a udr soon (i know I know) and it will be my first rc that can run dual batteries. I feel like running dual 3s will last longer than. A single 4 but at the same time will the added weight make it slower?

Yes and no :).
Power (Watt) = Voltage x Amps

More weights need more energy to move. But if you compare lipo's with the same mah, two 3s will have more Wh (+50%) than one 4s lipo.
Let's assume 5000mah lipos ->
14.8v x 5A = 74Wh
2x11.1v x 5A = 111Wh

So the two 3s lipo's in theory should run (50%) longer. BUT you'll loose some runtime due to the additional weight and the biggest factor is you most likely use that extra 6s power:cool:.

If you'll use the same amount of power (throttle finger) you'll get longer runtime out of 6s.

Yes and no :).
Power (Watt) = Voltage x Amps

More weights need more energy to move. But if you compare lipo's with the same mah, two 3s will have more Wh (+50%) than one 4s lipo.
Let's assume 5000mah lipos ->
14.8v x 5A = 74Wh
2x11.1v x 5A = 111Wh

So the two 3s lipo's in theory should run (50%) longer. BUT you'll loose some runtime due to the additional weight and the biggest factor is you most likely use that extra 6s power:cool:.

If you'll use the same amount of power (throttle finger) you'll get longer runtime out of 6s.
How the hell did I understand that🤣🤣🤣
But thats actually very helpful thank-you

So im getting a udr soon (i know I know) and it will be my first rc that can run dual batteries. I feel like running dual 3s will last longer than. A single 4 but at the same time will the added weight make it slower?
I don't think you will notice to much of a difference. If you do 2 3s batteries just gear it right and keep an eye on temps.

I would run to two 3s batteries. It's a heavy machine, and the two batteries will push it long a lot better than one 4s battery. The extra weight of the battery will be negated, by the extra power you receive using 6s. IMHO.

The real question is are you going to run the 3s batteries in Parallel or Series? What ESC is in the RC? If you run 2 3s batteries in series that's 6s ,can the motor/esc setup handle 6's?

Your question seems to be already answered, but what has not yet been mentioned and I feel it should be is that if you use 2x3s lipos I would suggest you try to balance the lipo placement.meaning if you stack them on top of each other to one side of the rig ,your Rc won't be balanced which can cause some issues on handling ..it also might cause your tires of the side with the added weight to wear un even with the other side..ideal placement would be to try to have one lipo pack on each side .👍if that's possible..we have no pics of your rig so I can't suggest where you can put them

The real question is are you going to run the 3s batteries in Parallel or Series? What ESC is in the RC? If you run 2 3s batteries in series that's 6s ,can the motor/esc setup handle 6's?
It will be stock esc and motir for a while. I just read that they can use 2 batteries with the stock equipment
Your question seems to be already answered, but what has not yet been mentioned and I feel it should be is that if you use 2x3s lipos I would suggest you try to balance the lipo placement.meaning if you stack them on top of each other to one side of the rig ,your Rc won't be balanced which can cause some issues on handling ..it also might cause your tires of the side with the added weight to wear un even with the other side..ideal placement would be to try to have one lipo pack on each side .👍if that's possible..we have no pics of your rig so I can't suggest where you can put them
I'm researching before I get the rig is all

Sorry I can't help you . You are being very vague. UDR who makes it ? Are you going to run parallel or series. Ya any esc can run 2 batteries. But your not really answering any questions. I'm sure things will work out in the end . Have fun.

The UDR is from Traxxas. It can run 4s or 6s. The batt tray is located in the center of the chase. $699 new. Has a 6s ESC. and a 2200 KV .Velineon vxl motor. Its on the top end of the Traxxas line up. It's a pro scale , Unlimited Desert Racer. Has a good reputation.

The UDR is from Traxxas. It can run 4s or 6s. The batt tray is located in the center of the chase. $699 new. Has a 6s ESC. and a 2200 KV .Velineon vxl motor. Its on the top end of the Traxxas line up. It's a pro scale , Unlimited Desert Racer. Has a good reputation.
Wait it runs 4 to 6s??? i was told it runs 3 to 4s on the website.

The Traxxas UDR runs 4 to 6s. (y) Go to the Traxxas site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back