Duratrax vs Proline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
I currently have a Typhon and also the parts to make it a Big Rock. Right now it has some buggy tires on it with 17mm hex adapters. I have a set of worn out granite tires and am looking for a good replacement for them.

Would I be better off just buying a set of granite tires and gluing them on the wheels or going for something like the Premounted Duratrax Speedtreads Vulture or Vindicators?

https://www.towerhobbies.com/produc...vr80PfaumugK66c5PNi2dpNEF8ubmr_RoCHpkQAvD_BwE

https://www.towerhobbies.com/produc...ted-2--110-stadiummonster-truck/DTXC2901.html

Also, would a set of 2.8 Proline Badlands fit on the Granite wheels? If that’s the case, I’ll just buy those.

I want to keep my budget around $50 for a set of 4. I know the Badlands are slightly more but are they really that much better and why?

I’m also thinking of getting some Speedtreads street tires. I see so many people recommending the dboots hoons. Why? I’m not looking to break any speed records. So why does it matter?

Hoons because they don't Balloon. They are cheap enough. And I would even Highly recommend the 53/107 Felony rear Hoons. I put them on my rig. all around. What does "not doing speed records" have to do with not wanting Hoons ????? They are just another tire alternative that works. 🤷‍♂️

Are you looking for buggy tires, truggy tires or street tires???
Hoons,grp,buggy,mx28s

Attachments

• 16125805235416673535376559678274.jpg
    16125805235416673535376559678274.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 49
I've been very happy with my Hoons on the Typhon. I haven't tried Grp's yet, but I prefer the look of the Hoons so I'm ok with that.

Typhon with Badland Mx28s. Handles great for every terrain I put it on.....and walks wheelies on demand....👌

20210130_010120.jpg

I think using those fatter and taller Felony Hoons are also a great option theses days. :cool:
View attachment 124938
My Felony Hoons (53/107's)

1612584388036.png

Last edited:
I want to try some hoons on the street to keep the wear off the badlands....gonna get me some soon

My Felony Hoons (53/107's)

1/8 grp S5s 24$ for 2 tires
Gonna get me some GRP's. 👍 👍 I am a wheel monger. I try so many. I have bins full of wheels/tires. I think that the GRP's are best for speeds approaching 100+mph. The Hoons are not stabile at those higher speeds from what I see. Blow outs etc. But for bashers converted to moderate speed running / street bashers, the Hoons 53/107's seem a practical option. I like the larger Hoons. They drive differently than the smaller ones.
FWIW, they don't fit on the front of my Lim however or I would have run a set 🤷‍♂️ .

I'm ordering some 107s next to try them.heres my opinion on 1/8 grps an hoons.ive tried 2 sets of hoons and 4 sets of grps.the 100mm hoons wear fastest and get less traction(gold&white)being 2mm taller an wider I wouldve thought they would have been the better tire.the grps last longer an are a better product an also 20ish$ cheaper for a set.after the grps warm up the stickiness and traction is apparent between the 2.i mostly light speedrun,street bash with a 80-100mph gearing the most.for my style ,gearing,wallet grps are what ill continue to go with.i will try the 107s next thou.this is just my opinion

^^^ great info. Thank you much! 👍 :)

I'm ordering some 107s next to try them.heres my opinion on 1/8 grps an hoons.ive tried 2 sets of hoons and 4 sets of grps.the 100mm hoons wear fastest and get less traction(gold&white)being 2mm taller an wider I wouldve thought they would have been the better tire.the grps last longer an are a better product an also 20ish$ cheaper for a set.after the grps warm up the stickiness and traction is apparent between the 2.i mostly light speedrun,street bash with a 80-100mph gearing the most.for my style ,gearing,wallet grps are what ill continue to go with.i will try the 107s next thou.this is just my opinion
I mentioned this before... The 53/107 Hoons I just got ( 2 pairs)... out of the package don't appear similar in quality as the standards Hoons. I checked them on my balancer and they were "Off" more than the standards (have 6 42/100 sets of the white's). The Tread was concave at the the centers, and not even close to the trueness and even tread of the 42/100's. I just thought I would throw this out there. But once broken in after several packs and balanced they evened out much better. But needed to knock off/burn a good amount of rubber for that.
I find the 53/107's white much harder and firmer than the 42/100's white. I could see the Felony guys running the Gold 53/107's along with the white 42/100's up front with better results. A Better balance traction wise. FWIW.

I mentioned this before... The 53/107 Hoons I just got ( 2 pairs)... out of the package don't appear similar in quality as the standards Hoons. I checked them on my balancer and they were "Off" more than the standards (have 6 42/100 sets of the white's). The Tread was concave at the the centers, and not even close to the trueness and even tread of the 42/100's. I just thought I would throw this out there. But once broken in after several packs and balanced they evened out much better. But needed to knock off/burn a good amount of rubber for that.
I find the 53/107's white much harder and firmer than the 42/100's white. I could see the Felony guys running the Gold 53/107's along with the white 42/100's up front with better results. A Better balance traction wise. FWIW.
thanks for the heads up I haven't bought mine yet.i wanna try them on notorious.think ill go with gold.hoping for better traction.on my setup i gain 1mph per 1mm tire so I'd gain 9 mph.those being wider,would think they would hook up better.🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back