DYI wheel balancing tool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a hobby

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 4s
I had 2mm x 8mm x 2 bearings and put this together. Associated makes something much better looking for $40. Both balance wheels the same.
20231014_163156.jpg
20231014_163250.jpg
20231014_163806.jpg
20231014_163818.jpg

I have the TA Balancer. But many ways it can be done. Even with a spare rear hub, knuckle and stub axel, wheels can be balanced.
I even use an old Dubro Prop balancer for my smaller on road wheels.
Mounting the wheels properly and Centrically is what matters, no matter what you use. I use non-hardening Hobby clay from Michaels Craft store. By the pound, clay is very cheap. Clean the wheels well and the clay will stick well enough. I don't run in the wet so its not an issue for me. Clay stays put.

Last edited:
I have the TA Balancer. But many ways it can be done. Even with a spare rear hub, knuckle and stub axel, wheels can be balanced.
I even use an old Dubro Prop balancer for my smaller on road wheels.
Mounting the wheels properly and Centrically is what matters, no matter what you use. I use non-hardening Hobby clay from Michaels Craft store. By the pound, clay is very cheap. Clean the wheels well and the clay will stick well enough. I don't run in the wet so its not an issue for me. Clay stays put.
Molding clay, I'm about to run out . Might have enough for 2 wheels, the stuff rarely leaves the rim. My RC's don't get wet, except the occasional puddle I don't see till splash down happens. Just for this I cover all clay with a little electric tape. I realized I had bearings in my stock, that were the right size. Money saved and wheels balanced.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back