Truing and balancing tires.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Awhile ago I asked a question in a local speed run group and just realized today that it hasn't been answered. So I thought I'd shoot it out here.
Although I do understand the science behind truing and balancing tires, why is it necessary for new tires?
To me, it makes sense to true and balance tires with several runs on them. Uneven wear throws it all off and adds vibration and unstability.
But why are folks doing it to newly, just installed tires? Especially foams. I acquired some new Contact GT8s. Not that I prefer Contact, it was mostly BSR and Gone Bananas were not available locally. And ive been told to have them trued and balanced before i run them. Anyways, I've checked the GT8s over and as far as I know and without the equipment to show me otherwise, they seem fine. Surely it isn't asking too much that tires be balanced and trued leaving the factory. And sure, the odd one out does slip past QC sometimes. But isn't it overkill to trim and balance tires that may not need it?

I prefer to balance them new. My thinking is If they are out of Balance then they can't possibly true themselves because they are shaking all around. At least if the shaking is minimized then you can let them break in a bit then re-balance them again once they are more trued

Imo more important for on road speed runs where every factor comes into play in trying to achieve maximum mph. For off road and my driving style, ill never know the difference. :LOL:

Imo more important for on road speed runs where every factor comes into play in trying to achieve maximum mph. For off road and my driving style, ill never know the difference. :LOL:
You'd be surprised how much it effects even when bashing. Lots of unbalance can break bearings, and destroy tires fast. This was one of my brand new Fireteam wheels. Shook the table even at low speed.

I agree. I have a new, never run Talion Katar-T wheel that's untrue & needed a lot to balance it. I'll likely need to rebalance after a pack or two. But that's gonna have to be after I'm finished the build.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back