Kraton ESC and motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan10R

Rich Duperbash wannabe
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Hi I am sure there are few treads on this but I am new to rc and not very tech smart. Just looking to add more power and just make the kraton v4 6s all it can be so any help be appreciated even better if you could show some links to it I'm not familiar with the Kv and what that all means
15984734111433697978503695556732.jpg

Hi I am sure there are few treads on this but I am new to rc and not very tech smart. Just looking to add more power and just make the kraton v4 6s all it can be so any help be appreciated even better if you could show some links to it I'm not familiar with the Kv and what that all meansView attachment 96484
You are going to get a lot of people telling you to go with a Castle MMX8S and the 1717 motor. It's a ton of power and the electronics choice de jour. I think that for someone just getting into the hobby it's a recipe for disaster. It's like getting your motorcycle license and buying a Kawasaki Ninja H2R.

Once you are completely comfortable with the stock electronics, I'd recommend a Hobbywing Max6 and a 4092 sized motor in the 1700kv range. It will be a lot more power than stock and probably more than you can handle. The Castle setup is just so over the top.

You are going to get a lot of people telling you to go with a Castle MMX8S and the 1717 motor. It's a ton of power and the electronics choice de jour. I think that for someone just getting into the hobby it's a recipe for disaster. It's like getting your motorcycle license and buying a Kawasaki Ninja H2R.

Once you are completely comfortable with the stock electronics, I'd recommend a Hobbywing Max6 and a 4092 sized motor in the 1700kv range. It will be a lot more power than stock and probably more than you can handle. The Castle setup is just so over the top.

I agree, I think the Max 6 and 4092 motor around 1700 will run cool and reliable with a lot more kick.
The only scenario where I like the Castle ESC is for a speed runner.

I agree, I think the Max 6 and 4092 motor around 1700 will run cool and reliable with a lot more kick.
The only scenario where I like the Castle ESC is for a speed runner.
Sorry. Yes. I was referring to bashing ???

I didn't just get into rc well I guess u say I did maybe 4 5 months ago. I called my local hobby shop and they didn't have the hobby star and tryed talking me into the castle.

I didn't just get into rc well I guess u say I did maybe 4 5 months ago. I called my local hobby shop and they didn't have the hobby star and tryed talking me into the castle.
The Castle ESC is awesome. It's the 1717 motor that is right at the edge when it comes to power. The combo is almost 2/3 the cost of the truck.

It is one of those things where if you have the money to buy the best and want to spend it this way you certainly could.
Within the Castle software you could dial down the throttle curve and other limiting settings to make it much more tame.

To me if its an off-road basher the Max 6s is a proven reliable workhorse. I will never buy the 1717 motor. Just seems excessively priced. You can get other high quality motors for much cheaper and save some $ for electric fans and other needs.

It is one of those things where if you have the money to buy the best and want to spend it this way you certainly could.
Within the Castle software you could dial down the throttle curve and other limiting settings to make it much more tame.

To me if its an off-road basher the Max 6s is a proven reliable workhorse. I will never buy the 1717 motor. Just seems excessively priced. You can get other high quality motors for much cheaper and save some $ for electric fans and other needs.
I'll probably go with the max 6 and the hobby star. Just need to find one they seem to be sold out the I think it is the 1720kv

I'll probably go with the max 6 and the hobby star. Just need to find one they seem to be sold out the I think it is the 1720kv
Any 4092 motor around 1650 to 1900 kv would be fine. Cheaper motors have a tendency to have cheap bearings. The rest is typically good.

Is the max 6 combo a bad choice? The motor no good?
Is it a 4092 with a kv in the 1700 range? If so then it would be good. Hobbywing makes decent motors. I went Hobbystar because they are cheaper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back