Outcast Outcast 6s Motor upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilmac1989

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Typhon 6s
if i switched to a hobbywing ezrun max 6 v3 1650kv. would that be an upgrade over the stock motor and esc combo or is it pretty much the same thing. thank you guys in advance

You'll get a lot more torque and power with less motor heat. You might wanna gear a little higher because you'll lose some top end speed with the lower KV. But it's a definite upgrade overall...any time you can remove Spektrash from your rig it's an improvement IMHO. I had bad experiences with Spektrum electronics. Motors are pretty good actually but the ESCs, receivers and servos have all been crap for me. I take out the stock stuff IMMEDIATELY. The Hobbywing combo is a can't miss upgrade...one of the best moves you can make.

I run that combo in my OC6s, with a 17t pinion, tons of fun even on 4s, complete animal on a good 6s pack
Sidenote: I run mainly in grass, you could safely gear to 18,19,20 if you're running dirt/pavement alot..

A quality Lipo and 18-20T pinion with that combo is pretty mental in comparison to the factory 4S RTR system.

It’s going in the 6s outcast not 4s
The Firma 150A is actually a 4S ESC that Arrma asked too much from outside of the 6S Typhon(stock gear/tire).

I’d recommend spending a little more for the G2 system, having both it is leaps and bounds more efficient, powerful, and user friendly.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back