Outcast ESC fan problem !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Had the Outcast out for a session this arvo and it cut out. Closer inspection the esc fan had stoped. Has anyone had this problem the wires had come off the actual fan not the plug. Do I have to replace with an arrma one or is it a universal thing ??
I will see what the LHS has in the morning but the guys on this forum seem to know more than the kids working in the shop !!
I wonder at what temp the ESC cuts out ??

IMG_3906.JPG

Last edited:
Had the Outcast out for a session this arvo and it cut out. Closer inspection the esc fan had stoped. Has anyone had this problem the wires had come off the actual fan not the plug. Do I have to replace with an arrma one or is it a universal thing ??
I will see what the LHS has in the morning but the guys on this forum seem to know more than the kids working in the shop !!
I wonder at what temp the ESC cuts out ??

View attachment 10529
I believe thermal protection is listed in the manual. Same thing just happened to me with my Backslash. I replaced with fan of same size. Think any fan with same dimensions will work. Look into Wild Turbo fans.

I believe thermal protection is listed in the manual. Same thing just happened to me with my Backslash. I replaced with fan of same size. Think any fan with same dimensions will work. Look into Wild Turbo fans.
It does to 105 degrees C. Man it must really need that fan. Cheers !!

Last edited:
haven't had that happen yet but i get lots of sand and poop in my fan all the time.. I clean it out every 2nd or 3rd run with electrical cleaner.
I bought a spare arrma fan.. Was 11 bucks i think ? Other hobbywing ones sell about the same... 35mm is what it should be....
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR390234

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162455197554

I'd say if it got that hot the solder probably just melted off
I picked up the hobbywing one yesterday from my LHS.
The solder was fine I think just constant movement they ended up breaking off. I thought about soldering them back on but they are tinny solders bro no way I have them skills !!!!
Bought the stock servo gears set as well. Suppose I'll have a spare.
Have you had the rigs out ??

I picked up the hobbywing one yesterday from my LHS.
The solder was fine I think just constant movement they ended up breaking off. I thought about soldering them back on but they are tinny solders bro no way I have them skills !!!!
Bought the stock servo gears set as well. Suppose I'll have a spare.
Have you had the rigs out ??
Good stuff ! :)
Yeah... Soldering those back on would probably melt the fan ! :p

Didnt get mine out this week .. But the kraton is all straight again now and im just waiting in some shims for the typhon. Hopefully they help the cracking gears :-/

Typhon34, what are the shims for your Typhon? I own a Typhon and absolutely love it, but may need shims?
I ordered these in at my local shop... Hopefully be in tomorrow ?
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322101942069

Problem is no one can tell me the sizes :-S
But i figure i run the hex/hub off that car on my typhon so the diffs will be close in size... Maybe ? I'll let you know if they fit when i get them :)

Hey Rich which typhon bumper u using on the Kraton. Typhon front or rear ? Im sure we've had this conservative before lol !!
I've been using the rear on the front of the Outcast and it's been awesome
IMG_3953.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks Looks good !!
Helps for sure. I've been using the typhon rear on the front of the Outcast don't know why lol ! it's Been working well.
Did u get em out this weekend?
Its a good size.... Im gonna get the other typhon bumper (smaller one) for my typhon then use the one i have on the outcast when it comes.
On the kraton this bumper just hits the dirt when nose diving.. Not enough to dig in tho... Its been really good :)

Didnt get them out this weekend... Typhon shims still not here ! :-S
Monday/tuesday they reckon... So hopefully all fixed up to break again next weekend ! :p haha....
They said outcast might only be 2 weeks away now too... Thatd be good !

Get yours out for a run ??

Its a good size.... Im gonna get the other typhon bumper (smaller one) for my typhon then use the one i have on the outcast when it comes.
On the kraton this bumper just hits the dirt when nose diving.. Not enough to dig in tho... Its been really good :)

Didnt get them out this weekend... Typhon shims still not here ! :-S
Monday/tuesday they reckon... So hopefully all fixed up to break again next weekend ! :p haha....
They said outcast might only be 2 weeks away now too... Thatd be good !

Get yours out for a run ??
Yeah ! A couple of times happy days.
Found another sweet little bmx jump park. Thrashed the Kraton there no damage except busting one of the rear wing mounts :rolleyes: trying to teach my boy to back of the throttle in the air lol !!
Took the Outcast to the bowl today mad fun but little grommets everywhere " can I have a go ":mad:
The Kraton needs a tbone I was diging the front in on some jump to jump landings :)

Yeah ! A couple of times happy days.
Found another sweet little bmx jump park. Thrashed the Kraton there no damage except busting one of the rear wing mounts :rolleyes: trying to teach my boy to back of the throttle in the air lol !!
Took the Outcast to the bowl today mad fun but little grommets everywhere " can I have a go ":mad:
The Kraton needs a tbone I was diging the front in on some jump to jump landings :)
Awesome stuff ! Sounds like a good weekend... And no damage makes it even better :)
Im guessing all the kids that wanted a go had some cheap car from hobbyking that goes waaayyyy faster than yours !!
Ive got that a few times at the track... Mine goes 250miles an hour and only needs one battery to do it ! :p hehe

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back