Limitless ESC quitting at 90MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like voltage sag. When under high current load the voltages of the lipo cells fall below the LVC threshold

You can solder a cap pack to the ESC wires to help prevent this or use a higher rated ESC
Try turning off the low voltage and enable auto lipo along with some strong batteries.

Look around & you can pick up a new Castle MM2 for just over $100. IMO it’s 1 of the best speed run esc on the market in the lower $100 range. It’s FAR more capable than the BLX

He could also throw a cap pack up there and get the same results. I will send him a 50v 6000uf cap pack with a digital volt meter it in for free. Made using Panasonic Low ESR capacitors. If he wants it, he can pm me. It's not going to solve his problem. It's cutting off because the esc cannot keep up with the loaded being demanded by the motor. He would have to have a capacitor in that car larger than the car itself to do what your are suggesting as a cure for his issue. Even then it still wouldn't work.
I posted a couple of vids on the infraction prefix. Cap packs do make a difference.

My fan stopped working for me for the second time and I actually got a cap pck just not installed yet because im not sure if I want a MM2 or a Max 6 esc because clearly the BLX is garbage

My fan stopped working for me for the second time and I actually got a cap pck just not installed yet because im not sure if I want a MM2 or a Max 6 esc because clearly the BLX is garbage
“Garbage” is a little harsh. For a 15yr old kid or someone who’s green to the hobby I think the ESC supplies enough power to get their blood rushing.
Like anything else in this world......... there’s always something better than stock?

“Garbage” is a little harsh. For a 15yr old kid or someone who’s green to the hobby I think the ESC supplies enough power to get their blood rushing.
Like anything else in this world......... there’s always something better than stock?
The BLX185 will get you almost to 100mph. That’s pretty good for a stock ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back