Kraton EXB Diff VS Stock Diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomis38

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Vendetta
Well I am good at destroying diffs. Most of you know I just acquired a Kraton recently and have been tweaking and bashin it. Well I completely rekt a diff, and the previous owner had never messed up a diff. I serviced them after I bought it and they were in great shape lol.

I'm not really sure how but I blew up both pins behind the sun gear and a sun gear. All at once. As I said im good at this destruction thing :geek: . I trash these pins often in all my Arrma models. The exb diff is better in all the areas that the old platform broke in. More gear to grab and bigger pins.

I wonder what the Kratons first major upgrade is gonna be. Hmmmmmm. lolol🤣 I now see why I can have a short wheel base with belted trenchers and still not bust diffs. EXB FTW

Thank you Arrma for making a solution. Even if its an upgrade. Its available for people like me that put these rigs to the test.

20210213_212036.jpg
20210213_212522.jpg
20210213_213258.jpg

^^^ Yeah the 29mm EXB diffs are a big advantage no doubt. For the several reasons you state among others reasons. 👍
The standard diffs have been around for a while. I use HS steel drill blanks and Dremel my own pins to make HS steel (hardened) pins. A fix that always worked. Many do this with a standard diff. A well known fix. Used along with M2C Hardened Outdrives, the standard diffs are golden.
Have you ever tried the Drill blank Fix?

^^^ Yeah the 29mm EXB diffs are a big advantage no doubt. For the several reasons you state among others reasons. 👍
The standard diffs have been around for a while. I use HS steel drill blanks and Dremel my own pins to make HS steel (hardened) pins. A fix that always worked. Many do this with a standard diff. A well known fix. Used along with M2C Hardened Outdrives, the standard diffs are golden.
Have you ever tried the Drill blank Fix?
I have cut off the base of drill bits to make pins before if that's what you mean. I've cut off Allen Keys in a pinch while at the track as well.

No way to fix the Ring/pinion's of stock though, and I chew them up often, Actually found a few big chips in this rear Kraton outer ring gear. I assume im gonna have to go exb.

Yeah the ring and input gear to me is the biggest PLUS of the EXB diffs. Without a doubt. 👍 👍 :) Im in the same boat. I have one set of prebuilt standard diffs left that sit here on the side for whatever rig will need them next.. Among all my rigs, I will at some point just start getting the EXB diffs. It's a no brainer. No choice but to adopt the better diff. A bit more coin, but worth it.

Yeah the ring and input gear to me is the biggest PLUS of the EXB diffs. Without a doubt. 👍 👍 :)
100% agree, its literally what saved my notorious from me losing all hope on it. God I love it now. I can abuse it with such confidence now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back