Extra Parts Dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Being responsible and tidying up my rc work space. Found out I got enough spare parts to put together another fun rc. Big rock 3s 3660 motor/100A ESC, 4074 motor, R6FG receiver, M1 pinions, high speed steering servos, 65mm tires (on road, rally, foam, slick) and a few body shells from my HPI RS4 nitro days (even found a Merc CLK DTM shell new in wrapper). Cleaning came to a sudden stop and busy working out viable options since yesterday....Tamiya TT02-S drift/ touring car or WLtoys 124019 speed run.

All I need now is a kit. Trying my best not to purchase another RC. Please tell me it's a bad idea....

Being responsible and tidying up my rc work space. Found out I got enough spare parts to put together another fun rc. Big rock 3s 3660 motor/100A ESC, 4074 motor, R6FG receiver, M1 pinions, high speed steering servos, 65mm tires (on road, rally, foam, slick) and a few body shells from my HPI RS4 nitro days (even found a Merc CLK DTM shell new in wrapper). Cleaning came to a sudden stop and busy working out viable options since yesterday....Tamiya TT02-S drift/ touring car or WLtoys 124019 speed run.

All I need now is a kit. Trying my best not to purchase another RC. Please tell me it's a bad idea....
I like the way Tamiya drift car rolls off the tongue better than WLtoys speed run. :)

Have had this issue 2x. Upgrade....Upgrade....Upgrade = spare parts = another rig. All I needed were diffs and and a purchase at jennysrc.com bam 650.00 rig for less then 100 bucks. Last month to prevent this I sold a spare parts lot . Sell or build are both great problems too have.

Have had this issue 2x. Upgrade....Upgrade....Upgrade = spare parts = another rig. All I needed were diffs and and a purchase at jennysrc.com bam 650.00 rig for less then 100 bucks. Last month to prevent this I sold a spare parts lot . Sell or build are both great problems too have.
Vicious cycle. Then gonna need to buy more parts for the new rc.

Knowing my luck, if I sell a part, it will be the same one I need to purchase the following week.

I’m trying to avoid that trap as well. If I can get my stuff together soon I need to start posting some things in the classifieds. It’s getting ridiculous.
I just gifted a good portion of a new Typhon to someone here on the forum so I wouldn’t be tempted to do it all over again. It’s a vicious cycle, man.

Same here. I have enough to build another 6s, sans a chassis & shocks & battery tray. I almost bought a 7075 Talion chassis off Jennys the other day & I'm not done with my K6 yet.
TT02 has my vote.

Same here. I have enough to build another 6s, sans a chassis & shocks & battery tray. I almost bought a 7075 Talion chassis off Jennys the other day & I'm not done with my K6 yet.
TT02 has my vote.
I'm not alone in this rc moral conflict, build or NOT to build. Really hard when all the parts are just right there. 332_RC, you should be trying to discourage me from doing another build...:)

@NitroK My vote is for the TT02 as well. And please do a very comprehensive build thread so I can learn something on your dime, so to speak. I’m about to build my first one. 😊

I’m trying to avoid that trap as well. If I can get my stuff together soon I need to start posting some things in the classifieds. It’s getting ridiculous.
I just gifted a good portion of a new Typhon to someone here on the forum so I wouldn’t be tempted to do it all over again. It’s a vicious cycle, man.
Selling parts is the smart move. I always think, hey I’ll build a car with these parts and then sell the car. But when I’m done, I like the car too much and just keep it. That’s how you end up drowning in cars 😅

Selling parts is the smart move. I always think, hey I’ll build a car with these parts and then sell the car. But when I’m done, I like the car too much and just keep it. That’s how you end up drowning in cars 😅
Very true I have sold 3 in the past month, but have 2 cars ordered.

@NitroK My vote is for the TT02 as well. And please do a very comprehensive build thread so I can learn something on your dime, so to speak. I’m about to build my first one. 😊
Tamiya TT02-B sure does look nice. Dual ridge 58596 and 47355 below.

1710599094933.png

1710599379696.png

Tamiya TT02-B sure does look nice. Dual ridge 58596 and 47355 below.

View attachment 354938
View attachment 354939
Mine will be the TC version, built short with flipped rear arms. I need to get some other work done first. I’m in the middle of the craziest build I’ve ever done, and after that I need to repair at least 4 rigs that have been languishing. I’ll also be refreshing my bone-stock Typhon (y’all should be proud of me, I’ve left this thing stock for a couple of years) but alas, she’ll be stock no more. She’ll be upgraded just a little bit. Then, I’ll be able to clear my mind and focus on the new experience of the TT02. I’m looking forward to it!

Back