Parts for 6S XL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Sup my nerds? Couple quickies here, let me just start by saying I appreciate anyone who reads this and offers any input, I am grateful.
1. I would like to know if anyone knows if an 8S Arrma wing would fit on a 6S wing mount?
2. Are there any complications involved in using Talion towers as opposed to Kraton? I really want the lower profile of the Talion which leads me to 3;
3. Are there any nice low profile bodies from any brand that are a little longer than the talion body?
4. Any advice at all on how I can cut weight? It’s going to be running on 8S so the electronics (battery motor) are going to add some uncomfortable weight.

Thank you for reading this and to all who respond I am, again, incredibly grateful. I will be posting pics of the build process as well, just in case anyone cares lol

IMG_3308.jpeg

Hi

Sir, I enjoy this build, taking my Talion EXB to a Talion EXB XL. I moved my Talion to my #1 RC I want to bash over my Kraton EXB and Fireteam.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/talion-xl-thanks-for-all-the-advice-perfect.64975/post-1002489

No info on the wing. I stayed with a 6S wing and short wing mounts to keep it close to the body and not extended out.

I kept the Talion towers and added an M2C rear wing mount support brace. Like you, I wanted to keep that lowered look. I had the Kraton for a taller stance.

There are many body options posted on the forum. My choice was an unbreakable body for a longer life.

Weight. I am running Max6 ESC and a larger Hobbystar 4082 2000kv motor over stock and 2x 3s batteries. How fast this thing moves with this motor, weight is no issue. Bullet off the line...being XL keeps the front down compared to stock.

I look forward to the build and pic!!! Enjoy (y)

I mounted an 8s wing on my talion XL. I tried two different ways and both ended up just not holding up to bashing. Best solution I found was a large 3d printed wing.

1704312077861.png

You can shave weight by replacing all the steel parts with titanium. RamJam racing on eBay sells just about everything, and you can get it in no time. I built an ultra light K6, and was able to shed 1.6 lb. of weight off of a stock Kraton. Then of course, CF all the things.

Wouldn't worry about weight on an XL rig, they can be setup with suspension and wheels to outperform the smaller wheelie prone wheelbases and do just about anything above and beyond with 8S capability.

People using 6S 6000+mah(1000g or 2.2+lb) lipos weigh more than my 8S system on 2-4000mah 4S packs(780grams or 1.75 lbs).

Motor and ESC weight differences are Firma 150/2050kV is 660 grams, Firma 160/1250kV 1100grams, and my Max 6 G2 combo is only 946grams for example.

Adding 100-200g with a thicker or "7075" chassis and other braces/alloy will nickel and dime you as well, then add in your rotational masses from wheels/alloy/EXB upgrades. The Fireteam and Big Rock bodies are 1000+ grams as well.

I have done 2 different ways of mounting an 8s wing and they held up but I don't do huge sends. One way was to make a carbon plate that bolts to the 6s wing mount and then drill holes further out to mount the 8s wing to the plate with a lock nut on the bottom. The other way was longer bolts for the horizontal bolts that go through the wing mount to hold the upright on and use spacers to space out the upright to the holes of the 8s wing.

But the wing @Moirae has looks super sick as well as is much easier. Got a link to that or did you print it?

You can shave weight by replacing all the steel parts with titanium. RamJam racing on eBay sells just about everything, and you can get it in no time. I built an ultra light K6, and was able to shed 1.6 lb. of weight off of a stock Kraton. Then of course, CF all the things.
RamJam stuff is good. I got the pillow balls & hinge pins. Very light. E bay & he has a website, turns out a little cheaper with shipping, also very fast shipping times.

Hi

Sir, I enjoy this build, taking my Talion EXB to a Talion EXB XL. I moved my Talion to my #1 RC I want to bash over my Kraton EXB and Fireteam.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/talion-xl-thanks-for-all-the-advice-perfect.64975/post-1002489

No info on the wing. I stayed with a 6S wing and short wing mounts to keep it close to the body and not extended out.

I kept the Talion towers and added an M2C rear wing mount support brace. Like you, I wanted to keep that lowered look. I had the Kraton for a taller stance.

There are many body options posted on the forum. My choice was an unbreakable body for a longer life.

Weight. I am running Max6 ESC and a larger Hobbystar 4082 2000kv motor over stock and 2x 3s batteries. How fast this thing moves with this motor, weight is no issue. Bullet off the line...being XL keeps the front down compared to stock.

I look forward to the build and pic!!! Enjoy (y)
Thank you for the input!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back