Felony Felony swap on dr10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb32935

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Waiting for parts and to tidy up a bit, but what do you do with your electronics after you wreck or upgrade to something else?? Well the team associated dr10 might be your next build too. Builders kit was 100 bucks but I don’t recommend unless you like punishing yourself. Buy the rtr and well the rest is pictured below. Gonna struggle for traction. And I’m not running wheelie bars either so once I have traction, gonna struggle to keep the nose down. Also no adjustment in the motor, the gearing needs to be what it is. But it’ll smoke some tires and if there’s an unlimited class might be kinda fun.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ha. I bought 3 Drag Slashes last September and decided to do something similar with a VXL4s and a BLX6s from Jennys but I slammed/limited my suspension and added 17mm wheels for speed-running them instead of drag racing. The rig with the BLX system has a spool but I haven't tested it yet. I tested the VXL4s system a month or so ago on cold concrete with those PH Grippers and traction was impossible. It would just spin out like a 'Top'. It will take some fine-tuning of Throttle Spd/Expo to make it controllable. Once the weather breaks I am going to try them again but on 3s to start, in an empty parking lot LOL.

PXL_20230326_011551137.jpg

Ha. I bought 3 Drag Slashes last September and decided to do something similar with a VXL4s and a BLX6s from Jennys but I slammed/limited my suspension and added 17mm wheels for speed-running them instead of drag racing. The rig with the BLX system has a spool but I haven't tested it yet. I tested the VXL4s system a month or so ago on cold concrete with those PH Grippers and traction was impossible. It would just spin out like a 'Top'. It will take some fine-tuning of Throttle Spd/Expo to make it controllable. Once the weather breaks I am going to try them again but on 3s to start, in an empty parking lot LOL.

View attachment 288178
Nice. Just curious what gears did you use?? I also have the adapters for the 17mm wheels so I can burn off the rest of my felony wheels lol

Nice. Just curious what gears did you use?? I also have the adapters for the 17mm wheels so I can burn off the rest of my felony wheels lol
I tested the 4s car on 22/36 and I have the 6s car geared 24/36 as I didn't have any 40T or 42T spurs. I think I am going to order a couple of bigger HR spurs this week so I can start out a bit slower with these cars.

I tested the 4s car on 22/36 and I have the 6s car geared 24/36 as I didn't have any 40T or 42T spurs. I think I am going to order a couple of bigger HR spurs this week so I can start out a bit slower with these cars.
Do you have slots for some adjustment on the gears?

24/36 is usually about the max that can be fit for Drag slash. I haven't checked the minimum I can get to with a 36T spur but I assume I probably can't get much below 19 or 20 on the pinion unless I go to a bigger spur.

I am actually hoping to give each car a 3s shakedown today, and possibly a 4s test on the BLX system if it goes well on 3s.

24/36 is usually about the max that can be fit for Drag slash. I haven't checked the minimum I can get to with a 36T spur but I assume I probably can't get much below 19 or 20 on the pinion unless I go to a bigger spur.

I am actually hoping to give each car a 3s shakedown today, and possibly a 4s test on the BLX system if it goes well on 3s.
Just waiting on parts in the mail. But can’t wait. Gonna be fun

Just waiting on parts in the mail. But can’t wait. Gonna be fun
I had issues with 3 of the other 4 cars I drove first today so I didn't get around to testing these. I decided to cut my losses and work on the 3 cars with issues instead of ending up with 5 cars I need to work on.

I actually think I am going to wait for warmer temps before I mess with these 2 silly rigs as I am sure they are just going to spin like crazy when it's only 50f out. I am also going to add a couple of ounces of Losi lead weights to the front bumpers before I test them so they don't wheelie if they do get traction. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back