Typhon Epic Arrma Typhon TLR: Best RC Swap Ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aluminum center diff. I prefer much thicker diff fluid in the front diff than the center. At least twice the viscosity. Then the thinnest for rear diff. Helps to prevent fishtailing. Spinning out. Makes it a balanced full time 4WD. AllinRC makes affordable aluminum center chassis braces for the 'SWB' Typhon/Notorious chassis. You can choose the black with 'silver' machined trim. The front one does not use the 4mm diameter screw at the steering plate like an EXB, but it's still an obvious upgrade. For steering - ARRMA's thick shims to make a 6s EXB differential as (open) come in handy to tighten up the servo saver spring. If it doesn't come with the EXB's chrome servo saver spring....get one. Then place one open EXB diff set's differential shim over the stock black washer. Taking the servo saver apart can be a bit of a challenge but it's worth it. You don't need a fancy adjustable one. They're the upgrades I can think of. Looks like a nice Typhon. I hear that the TLR Ackerman bar on those are stronger than the EXB ones.

Nice to see someone that doesn't just post some mindless pics like 99% of forum people. Awesome dude. Sub'd to your channel. If a picture says a thousands words.... Hmmm then a video says a billion words in my book. Also good energy sir. Love it!!

Well done setting up the TLR Typhon. She absolutely rips! Beautiful area as well. Perfect for this particular ARRMA. Personally, I think it's the best along with the discontinued Senton 6s. I feel that the larger MT models are too much for what is a BUGGY platform. Haven't had anyone here in agreement with me on that, but that's my opinion for what it's worth. Yeah, I'd go for an aluminum clamp type 40mm fan mount on that motor. In my experience, the total wrap around ones that accept two 30mm ones are not near as effective. Those heatsinks hold as much heat in as much as they wick away imho.

Well done setting up the TLR Typhon. She absolutely rips! Beautiful area as well. Perfect for this particular ARRMA. Personally, I think it's the best along with the discontinued Senton 6s. I feel that the larger MT models are too much for what is a BUGGY platform. Haven't had anyone here in agreement with me on that, but that's my opinion for what it's worth. Yeah, I'd go for an aluminum clamp type 40mm fan mount on that motor. In my experience, the total wrap around ones that accept two 30mm ones are not near as effective. Those heatsinks hold as much heat in as much as they wick away imho.
Hey buddy , I got to say i totally agree with you on the statement on the design , I think that this , the Senton and the mojave is just about right for the platform . they seem to hold up great and you don't seem to have the diff issues the bigger wheels get . I got to say im very very happy with the way she performs now and a fan , a better pinon as this ones started to wear a lot already and a faster servo and im golden .
Nice to hear that someone else shares my opinion on it .
Stay awesome dude
ChriswithaC :)

Back